Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Skiing & Snowboarding Games

1. The newest SSX was great, but Tricky might have been the best one ever. 1080 was my favorite up until the SSX series, always enjoyed having that on display at GameCraze and just watched it over and over in demo mode. Every Olympics game ever that had skiing was terrible. Skifree is the pinnacle of extreme winter sports and always will be.

2. Name:  gfs_51636_1_3_mid.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  20.1 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

3. Val D'Isere looks rad. Never heard of it before. Steep Slope Sliders is a classic that I forgot about.

Amped 3 is ridiculous. The story is so absurd, too. I love the Amped series. Back in the day Amped 1 was the best looking game on Xbox at launch and a while after imho.

Any more recent games (360/PS3/Wii) that I might have missed out on besides those mentioned? I don't think there are any PS4/One/WiiU games in this genre yet...also what about computer games? Feel like there was a cool skiing simulator a couple years back, blanking on the name.

4. That big arcade cabinet that had you standing in fake skis was actually really fun, but I cannot remember what it was called. Good sense of speed in that one, and since it was such a big machine the screen was huge and looked real good back in the day.

Edit: Alpine Racer 2, apprently
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	alpine.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	161.0 KB 
ID:	75848

5. Oh damn, I forgot about Alpine Racer! I can't imagine it being any fun without the foot things but I played a ton of it in the arcades.

6. Aside from Snow, I don't know of any more boarding/skiing games coming out. Shawn White Snowboarding was terrible. His skateboarding game was pretty good though. I think my favorite SSX was 3, I hope they make another one (and another Skate).

7. Rumpy - Yeah I don't think there are any either, that I've heard of, it sucks. I'm weird about SSX series - My favorite is SSX3 too, for nostalgic reasons because it released when I was in high school, but it's hard to go back after the 360/PS3 SSX because such prettier graphics and much easier to play. I still go back to SSX3 from time to time but play SSX redux much more.

Pineapple Alpine Racer 2 sounds so cool