Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12346 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting Back into Skateboarding

This is going to make me skate the parking garage underneath my apartment, god damn you.

I have a Han Solo-sized bad feeling about this.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

3. My crowning achievement was a kickflip-180 over a 13(ish) foot gap with a 6 foot drop. Shit was nuts. Could have been in a skate video. I hurt many body parts trying the trick till I could land it consistently.
    Boo, Hiss.

Serious props. I never fucked with gaps.

5. I broke my old deck about 6 years ago after a poor landing of a pop shove it. My feet landed too far away from the trucks and it snapped the deck in two.

Now I just play OlliOlli.

I don't even want to think what would happen if my 35 year old body took some of those bumps my teenage self would shrug off by the next day.

I can tell you it hurt a whole fucking lot at 33.

Which is why this
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    skate the parking garage underneath my apartment
    will not actually happen at 36.

Pain is irrelevant, but I'm pretty sure things would actually break, then never heal quite right again.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    My shoulder will never be the same.
    Not hyperbole!

10. I haven't been on a board since I was in college. A series of injuries and health issues pretty much guaranteed I'll never be on one again. I do miss it, though!

The early 90s were such a rad time to be a skater (right before things went completely sideways and jackasses started turning up in size 50 teal pants with boards covered in grip tape and those shitty 38mm wheels, anyway). I'll have to see if I can find a picture of the 101 deck I had when I was in high school.

Edit: anyone remember this?