Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting Back into Skateboarding

I have been having dreams about skateboarding since this thread. All I want to do is skate pools.

2. I never stopped dreaming about it, or running through tricks as I fell asleep. Even when I hadn't skated in ten+ years. I guess because it was such a big part of my life during my brain-"setting" formative teenage years.

Go find a pool. It will be so fun. I guess it's normal to skate into middle-age nowadays. Two guys I met yesterday, one was 27, and the other was quite a bit older than me, like 45 or something. They looked much younger when they were skating, too.

The bowl in the aforementioned concert park kicked my ass so hard though. I'm afraid that the only skating I'm gonna do is dream skating and fingerboarding.

4. OlliOlli 2 is the shiznit.

And it's free this month if you have PlayStation Plus.

Keep your skating dreams alive from the safety of you couch.

5. I got bit by a mongrel!

So I was skating in my favorite weekend parking lot area where nobody has kicked me out of yet, and bailed hard. Worst fall I've had since starting back up. Hip was bruised and elbow was scraped and bleeding. Parking lot is pretty grimy so I set out for the park drinking fountain a block away to wash it out.

Seriously not two minutes later, some yappy little shit chases me down from behind and straight-up chomps my freakin' calf.

"Are you fucking kidding me. That really just happened? Goddamnit!"

I'm yelling all of this. Lots of spectators now as it's a crowded park. I'd jumped off my board and was fending the snarling thing off with a bottle of orange juice. He kept darting back in! Maybe he sensed I was injured with the elbow scrape and was trying to finish the job...

Owner finally runs up, apologizing.

"Dude, he bit me."

"Yeah, she just goes wild when she hears these things," pointing to the board.

I'm looking at my leg. There are marks but it didn't break the skin thankfully.

"She did that?" he asks.

"Yes!"

I keep touching it, making sure I don't see blood on my finger. I was super lucky as I was wearing long pants + a shin guard on that leg to protect my calf from the kingpin during pogos. Without either those bacteria-crawling canines would've surely pierced, complicating my day something fierce.

Dude is still apologizing, but there's not much more to say at this point, so I leave. Now I have two wounds to wash in the sketchy park bathroom. Eventually the dog bite did start to ooze a very small amount of blood so hopefully I contracted rabies and will be dead soon.

I was annoyed and ready to go home at this point. But I drank a Red Bull and had lunch, then returned to the parking lot and got some footage of a couple clean butterflips! So the day ended well.

6. Was it a yellow dog?
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

Yeller WHAT HAVE YOU DONE

Your mother.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Compass View Post
    I got bit by a mongrel!

So I was skating in my favorite weekend parking lot area where nobody has kicked me out of yet, and bailed hard. Worst fall I've had since starting back up. Hip was bruised and elbow was scraped and bleeding. Parking lot is pretty grimy so I set out for the park drinking fountain a block away to wash it out.

Seriously not two minutes later, some yappy little shit chases me down from behind and straight-up chomps my freakin' calf.

"Are you fucking kidding me. That really just happened? Goddamnit!"

I'm yelling all of this. Lots of spectators now as it's a crowded park. I'd jumped off my board and was fending the snarling thing off with a bottle of orange juice. He kept darting back in! Maybe he sensed I was injured with the elbow scrape and was trying to finish the job...

Owner finally runs up, apologizing.

"Dude, he bit me."

"Yeah, she just goes wild when she hears these things," pointing to the board.

I'm looking at my leg. There are marks but it didn't break the skin thankfully.

"She did that?" he asks.

"Yes!"

I keep touching it, making sure I don't see blood on my finger. I was super lucky as I was wearing long pants + a shin guard on that leg to protect my calf from the kingpin during pogos. Without either those bacteria-crawling canines would've surely pierced, complicating my day something fierce.

Dude is still apologizing, but there's not much more to say at this point, so I leave. Now I have two wounds to wash in the sketchy park bathroom. Eventually the dog bite did start to ooze a very small amount of blood so hopefully I contracted rabies and will be dead soon.

I was annoyed and ready to go home at this point. But I drank a Red Bull and had lunch, then returned to the parking lot and got some footage of a couple clean butterflips! So the day ended well.
    Eh, could've been worse:

Shut up.