Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7910111213 LastLast

Thread: Monster Boy - Monster World Spiritual Sequel

Reviews seem good, I just ordered a copy from Amazon. I checked my local Best Buy but they didn't have it.

2. I played this for four hours yesterday and it's amazing! I loved the remake of Wonderboy: The Dragon's Trap that we got last year, but this Monsterboy game is even better. It's probably the best game I've played this year, outside of Spider Man and God of War. Well worth the money for the physical edition.

This game is a joy to play.

Can't recommend this enough if you like the genre.

This game made me realize that I never did get around to playing through Wonderboy in Monster World, so I am rectifying that now. It's such a lovely game.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Mzo View Post
    This game is a joy to play.

Can't recommend this enough if you like the genre.
    Yeah, it's honestly better than every Shantae game and really one of the best Metroidvanias in recent memory. I'm blown away by how good it is.

6. Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    This game made me realize that I never did get around to playing through Wonderboy in Monster World, so I am rectifying that now. It's such a lovely game.
    Do it! There are all kinds of references to past games here, including MWIV! This game is wonderful. The visuals, music, design - it's all great.

The Switch version came with a full-color manual and 2 sticker sheets. Did the others include these?

7. Yes, the PS4 version I got has the manual and stickers as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    Do it! There are all kinds of references to past games here, including MWIV! This game is wonderful. The visuals, music, design - it's all great.

The Switch version came with a full-color manual and 2 sticker sheets. Did the others include these?
    I've played there other games, including MW4, just never did MW3 for some reason.

I'm early in Monster Boy (at snake boss) but it has been impressive so far. It's surreal having a legit new Monster World game in 2018. I never expected much from this when it was first shown. Sadly it probably won't get the kind of attention of games like Hollow Knight but hopefully it will make some new fans of the series.

10. We actually live in the best era for all games to enjoy a decent critical shake (well minus the trash Destructiod preview of MB) and a fair number of writers who rail on the AAA tier. Seems silly to worry that a long developed retro favorite will be overshadowed by a indie darling?
    Last edited by Low; 11 Dec 2018 at 06:16 PM.