Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 689101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Monster Boy - Monster World Spiritual Sequel

1. I highly doubt that.
    No one knows what wonderboy is anymore, and those that do are probably in the scene enough to know that this thing is coming.

2. That was probably true a year ago, but that Dragon's Trap remake did really well. Capitalizing on that game's buzz is more the thing than reaching old school Wonder Boy fans.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    That was probably true a year ago, but that Dragon's Trap remake did really well. Capitalizing on that game's buzz is more the thing than reaching old school Wonder Boy fans.
    Yeah no I don't buy that. It's still a small potatoes title that got some press coverage. It's not like Dragon's Trap was a multi-million seller.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

4. people who bought that dragon trap game who never knew what wonder boy was before aren’t going to know that this isn’t a TRUE WONDER BOY GMAE

5. ur not a true wonder boy game.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

6. Speaking of Wonder Boy, My order for the Switch version just shipped. I really like all the cool extras NISCAS does for their physcial release games.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

7. This is out! And it's so much better than I could have hoped for when it was announced. The long gestation period (Holy shit, 5 year dev cycle, if you include the Flying Hamster version) seems to have done it a lot of good, as it feels really polished and looks beautiful. Currently holding an 88 on Metacritic, as well.

There's also no mistaking this for a "spiritual" sequel. It's dripping in references and fanservice for old-school WB fans.
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 05 Dec 2018 at 08:56 AM.

8. Yeah, it’s very well crafted. Reminds me of Phantasy Star IV in terms of being a love letter to its series.

9. I have this coming in the mail from Targets B2G1, back in October. Hopefully, Target isn't too slow about shipping things.

10. I picked up the retail version too. It's got a nice color manual and some stickers, plus it seems to be a pretty limited run, so maybe some collector's value.