Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Life is Strange (PC, PS3, PS4, One, 360)

1. I'm digging this thing. Reminds me a bit of the new Dreamfall. These are good times for adventure games, both the traditional and an increasingly be elegant new school.

2. Indeed!

I'll probably wait until the whole season is out because episodic content is infuriating, but I will play it this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

It's annoying that we don't have even release month dates for most of the episodes. I liked the demo but I might wait for the full game, too.

4. Timely episodic games are great. If they can get an episode out every 1 to 2 months and the game and story fit that format, I think it can be very compelling. I have less time for games these days and a nice 3 or 4 hour chunk of game to look forward to once a month or so suits me nicely.

5. I can't wait to buy Kentucky Route Zero once it's done. Only 1-2 more years now, it seems.

6. Quote Originally Posted by NeoZeedeater View Post
    It's annoying that we don't have even release month dates for most of the episodes. I liked the demo but I might wait for the full game, too.
    I thought it was March, May, July etc every other month.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Chux View Post
    I thought it was March, May, July etc every other month.
    Officially it's just March for Episode 2 and then the rest are TBA, but it seems like they're trying to keep up a pretty aggressive Telltale-like schedule, they just want to have some wiggle room.

I've been burned plenty by episodic releases, but I'm less wary when they're targetting such a fast release and they have publisher backing. I got Dreamfall as well, but I didn't have much choice in that case.

8. Developer (who I talked to in person) specifically said they're shooting for having new episodes hit every six weeks. Barring any development issues, of course.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    Officially it's just March for Episode 2 and then the rest are TBA, but it seems like they're trying to keep up a pretty aggressive Telltale-like schedule, they just want to have some wiggle room.

I've been burned plenty by episodic releases, but I'm less wary when they're targetting such a fast release and they have publisher backing. I got Dreamfall as well, but I didn't have much choice in that case.
    Quote Originally Posted by shidoshi View Post
    Developer (who I talked to in person) specifically said they're shooting for having new episodes hit every six weeks. Barring any development issues, of course.
    Sounds like a good enough schedule, hopefully they can execute.

10. Episode 2 March 24. Hooray for a timely episodic release.