Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sonic Runners (Android, iOS)

Sonic Runners (Android, iOS)

Quote Originally Posted by Eurogamer
    Sonic Team, principal developer of the Sonic games, is making a new entry in the series called Sonic Runners.

In Sonic Runners Sonic runs automatically. Tap the screen to make him jump.

Sonic Runners is a free-to-play mobile game with 2D side-scrolling stages. The announcement video, below, does not include gameplay footage, but we do have an image, right, that shows off what the game looks like.

Japanese magazine Famitsu has a preview of the game (translated by Polygon). Apparently Sonic Runners can be played with one hand as Sonic moves forward automatically. You tap the touchscreen to make him jump. Stages are designed to be played in a minute or two.

The official Sonic Runners website mentions "premium items" are available, so expect in-app purchases. You need an iPhone 4s/5/5s/5c/6, iPod touch (5th or later), iPad 2 or later or Android OS 2.3 or later to play.

Last week Sega announced plans to make around 300 employees redundant as part of its ongoing restructure. Sega is on a drive for increased profits, and is focusing on digital games, particularly smartphone and PC online gaming, which it has identified as a growth area.

Sonic Runners, due out spring 2015, certainly fits the bill following the release of the ill-fated Sonic Boom for Nintendo consoles.
    Link

I know my daughter will play the heck out of this, as she likes Sonic Dash too. This already looks better than Boom, and if it's in the quality neighborhood of the two Rayman runners, it will be worth checking out for me as well.

2. Die Sega Die.
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle

Quote Originally Posted by ChaoofNee View Post
    Isn't Sonic Dash the same damn thing?
    Same idea, but its gameplay is 3D. There are two Raymans too, and they're both 2D.

Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Die Sega Die.
    ban pls

5. Well, if they aren't going to make a Fantasy Zone or an arcade racer or something, I don't give a damn about Sega

Endless runner with Sonic skin doesn't make me happy

They're about to release two Fantasy Zones, which you probably won't buy.

7. You mean 3DS ports?

Actually, I will buy them, but still

Regardless of publisher, we're not getting very many console games developed in Japan. Sega did publish what was probably the second best game of last year, and it might be the best once I get my hands on a Rift.

9. They published Forza Horizon 2? I know they didn't publish The Talos Principle

oh Alien, yeah still have to play that one I guess