Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 717192021222325 ... LastLast

Thread: Better Call Saul

1. Well, he does disappear after BB, and afaik Kim doesn't even get mentioned in BB proper, does she? You'd think Francesca would say something.

2. Finally caught up on Better Call Saul. What with one thing and another I didn't get to see the series as it went up, so a friend and I have been watching an episode here and there until we finally got current. No tv show I'm aware of can pull off the slow pacing this show makes look completely effortless.

The last scam of the season with Irene was the first legitimately cruel thing I think Jimmy has done. I also like how completely unlike Walter White Jimmy is in that, once he realized Irene's friends were done with her he took the full hit to fix things. He's toxic but not unaware, and the remorse he feels seems real rather than put on for show.

3. I enjoy the way Vince Gilligan tells stories. You can tell they spend a lot of time editing the story and choosing the music accompanying each scene. The characters are usually a great mix of kind, sympathetic and cruel. Not unusual for a TV show these days, but executed extremely well.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

4. August 8th.

I'm not watching the trailer because I want to go in blind, but here it is.

5. I’m so excited but judging by that trailer I’m going to cry so much.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

6. Holy SHIT that was a flawless episode and so fucking depressing I feel like I’m gonna puke.

It’s the first episode, guys!!! Give me a little head start here!

7. Is there a download option?

EDIT: it’s already on iTunes apparently...
    Last edited by Doc Holliday; 07 Aug 2018 at 12:53 PM.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

8. There's always a download option.

9. Oh god, the lingering! They just make you sit in the horrible juices with Saul. When everything else is so hyper cut, this show does the complete opposite. Long shots where you don't see actors work dialog, but physically act out the emotions. The pacing is so brilliant (and, based on talking with other people, what turns off a lot of people) it's hard to describe well.

Saul sitting outside of Chuck's house with Kim and he tries to figure out/rationalize what happened (avoiding himself with "I saw him 5 days ago and he was fine. Something must have happened. Sometihing that triggered it.") Then Kim manages to get him to go home and then the absolute black hole of misery that follows from sitting at home. That whole bit is exactly what mourning in real life is like. You don't know wtf to do with yourself and silence feels like the only right thing. The war is on the inside, and Saul's guilt compounds it. I got chills.

10. The part where the lawyer dude was crying and said Chuck's death was his fault and Jimmy went to feed the fish and he had this huge smile on his face was WOW. Apparently a lot of people consider Jimmy a huge asshole for this but honestly I was elated for the character. I felt all tension ease up after that moment, it was cathartic.