Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 13232526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Better Call Saul

1. not yet

2. Get out of here!

Now that he's gone I have to admit this season was missing something for me. Mike's story was aight but the Jimmy stuff meandered and didn't really give us a payoff.

3. I agree. I think without Chuck in the picture, Jimmy's story seems to be lacking.

4. It's looking like his story is going to revolve around some kind of conflict or split with Kim next season, so it may get more interesting.

5. Neither the pit nor the lawyer stories really "closed" so this season felt like a bridge. The show didn't have any hugely memorable moments like the Gladys set up, Chuck's testimony, etc. I enjoyed it but next season they need to pick things up. It feels like they're getting a bit too dogmatic about slowing the pace of the storytelling down.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

6. I get what they were going for with Jimmy/Saul. This entire season for Jimmy was about setting up Season 5, when he finally becomes a lawyer for criminals and gets started on being a criminal lawyer. The speech he gave to the girl who shoplifted was the entire payoff of this season's character arc. He tried playing by the lawyer rules, it didn't work, fuck 'em. Much like being done with Chuck after "I never cared for you very much" he's done with playing the lawyer game straight after being honest got him nothing but a bullshit judgement. Call me a hopeless romantic but I'd really like to see Jimmy and Kim somehow manage to stay together. Just because Kim wasn't in Breaking Bad doesn't mean she was out of the picture. They're doomed!

7. dicks

MAYBE YEAR THREE IS WHEN ALL THE HARD WORK OF WATCHING TV PAYS OFF

8. Or maybe years 1, 2, 3, and 4 were all excellent even if Jimmy's story in year 4 didn't pay off as strong as last year.

9. nope

10. The need to set up he next spin-off - Huell's Rules.