Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 12222425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Better Call Saul

1. I know it's inconsequential, but the camera thing really bugs me.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Jed View Post
    The more I think about it, he was kinda right. She totally does use him for the thrill factor, with no real respect for him. Kim likes Slipping Jimmy, not James McGill.
    I think what's so crushing about that scene is they are both right. She's in it for the thrill, and he's always aw shucks poor me it happened again. I don't know if anyone is really right or wrong in the situation. I mean, yeah, Jimmy should grow up and stop scamming and Kim should be happy with what's she got (an excellent job with room to grow.) But for whatever reason, to give these things up for each of them is like giving up a fundamental part of themselves. I think Chuck is sort of the n or unknown in the situation, especially now that he's dead - and it's pretty obvious that Kim doesn't understand the extent of hurt that he put Jimmy through, or maybe she thinks Slipping' Jimmy should use it to his advantage, idk. Jimmy obviously sees it as a hard no, he doesn't need or want Chuck's legacy to linger over his. Again, I can see this both ways. Jimmy should use his asshole brother to get himself ahead and get his license reinstated, but fuck chuck. But, Chuck said some of the most hurtful, brutal, nasty shit to him, and why should he even invoke the memory of such a vile shithead? So...I get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

3. My spot isn't working right now and I need to see the finale.

Hrnghhhhh

4. So I'm having trouble squaring the opening scene of episode 10 in continuity. Didn't that happen when Chuck's disease was at its worst? He wouldn't have been out and about like that. Did I miss something?

5. I don’t think so? I thought his thing got bad way after jimmy was already a lawyer.
    But, it also has some layers to it - jimmy invites him to sing and chuck basically prima donnas the whole thing up. He completely takes over onstage, and jimmy just goes along with it. he was sweet, but it’s at a price - like, don’t forget, you’re inferior but I’ll protect you anyway.
    Similar to him being reinstated - he HAD to kneel at the altar of chuck so he could get a scrap of sympathy. The first speech he gave to the committee *was* his sincere one, that’s what sucks. But everyone interpreted it as lip service. So what’s the point in telling the truth if you’re just going to suffer the consequences?

Final scene was of course, ouch. Kim just does not understand this family dynamic. I feel for her so so so much, but girl - Chuck was a shit to jimmy time after time. You don’t become a lying, cheating, wheeler dealer because everything is hunky dory. You do it because you’re hurt and you’re trying yo protect yourself.

6. I wanted to feel bad for Werner, but I just couldn't. Dumbass got what he deserved.

7. If he didn't get on the phone with the rival I could definitely see them forgiving him his transgression—but there's no coming back from the leverage he gave the cartel on Gus.

Quote Originally Posted by Jed View Post
    The more I think about it, he was kinda right. She totally does use him for the thrill factor, with no real respect for him. Kim likes Slipping Jimmy, not James McGill.
    I don't think it's quite so cut and dry. Slippin' Jimmy is hard not to love—that's why his grifting works in the first place. Kim is mostly pushing Jimmy to to Do the Right Thing(TM) and almost always he backslides to the cheap way out to protect himself. I liked that his sincere speech was interpreted as insincere, since his turning in to Saul was largely about subverting the expectations that Chuck placed on him via their shared name.

Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    So I'm having trouble squaring the opening scene of episode 10 in continuity. Didn't that happen when Chuck's disease was at its worst? He wouldn't have been out and about like that. Did I miss something?
    He was working in the mail room and doing his certification from University of American Samoa (online?) while Chuck was still big time at the firm. They've never really detailed when after this Chuck was stricken with his condition (and, really, who cares?).
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 10 Oct 2018 at 11:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

8. I really liked how they closed the season on both fronts. Another quality season.

9. this show sucks dicks

10. you suck dicks!