Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 515171819202123 ... LastLast

Thread: Better Call Saul

1. My wife got pissed at me because I couldn't quit laughing my ass off at the Irene drama. Of all the scheming shit Jimmy has done, (even though it was relatively harmless), this one absolutely takes the cake. So brutal and hilarious.

I did not like sad disappointed Papa Nacho though, that one got me.

2. Jimmy is so damn smart, his puppet master moves are so good. I was waiting for Howard to pull the ultimate slight against Chuck and tell him he's no better than Jimmy. That spiteful shit deserves at least that much.

3. I wonder if Howard will take sides with Jimmy and expedite the payout just to spite Chuck. Fuck Chuck.

4. So much of the pain that is wrapped up in this show is the ability for some people to skate by in life while others have to crawl their way to the top. Kim, who also started at the bottom, is pushing her car alone in the desert trying to get this oil deal, while Jimmy is out riding fences or whatever, and he gets this huge payout for basically being a scheming jerk. And then he wonders why everyone else isn't along for the fun. It's hard, because in a lot of ways...he's sicker than Chuck, but he's not an asshole in the same way Chuck is. But this whole story with Irene shows how sick he really is - he's just as bad as Chuck - but he kind of breaks your heart too. I'm telling you, I need therapy after this show.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

5. Jimmy needs money! Ya gotta do what you gotta do. I actually take Jimmys story as he's always hyper focused on the results that he never derives joy from the work itself (whereas Kim does). Chuck is the opposite -- hyper focused on the work and he misses enjoyment of the goal. And oddly the opposite bros end up w the same miserable loneliness because they took people for granted.

I had feels for Irene's mall-walk snub.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 15 Jun 2017 at 09:09 PM.

6. Well, that was one of the hardest and most depressing things I've ever had to watch. I still am absolutely amazed at how perfectly this show captures mental illness. Just....wow. Chuck ripping out the walls, I had a really hard time watching that. It was very, very close to home. Goddamn.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

7. The season finale snuck up on me, I assumed it was going to be 12 episodes or so. Rock solid season. Really satisfying to watch each story arc unfold (unravel?) as they did. Those hooks into Breaking Bad are strong ones. Intense final scene to say the least.

8. I wonder how many seasons this thing will go. I can't imagine more than one or two more.

9. I've been 100% Team Fuck Chuck from the very beginning, but god damn that was hard to watch. What a great finale.

10. Watching him lose his shit was tough. Jimmy is probably going to take his final words to him to heart and be full Saul after this.