Page 1 of 28 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo eShop Thread

Kirby Nintendo eShop Thread

In browsing both eShops this morning to figure out the value of the Club Nintendo choices, I discovered that several Virtual Console games had sneaked out without me noticing. I realized part of the problem may be that stuff falls through the crack between the 3DS and Wii U threads that would have been caught by the SEN thread on the Sony side.

Anyway, here are some useful links for catching up on what is available from the eShops:

Official Site

eShop Titles

Virtual Console (North America)

Ware (North America)

I'll try to keep better tabs on new releases and update this thread as well.

2. Upon listening to the latest Warning a Huge Podcast, shidoshi named off a couple 3DS titles I want to look into.
    There just isn't enough time for all these games.
    As "empty" as the Vita library may seem, when all the PSone, PSP, and yes, Vita, games I have in my backlog are considered; it could easily serve as my only system for the rest of my days.
    Same goes with 3DS, DS, and eshop stuff.
    My schedule for the last decade has amounted to maybe playing 3 games a year. To the casual observer it may look like I don't really like games at all, given the amount of time I spend playing them.

I can relate. At a time where I really should be paring back my purchases to fit my free time and only buying the games I really, really like, I find myself instead reaching for things I missed along the way, which may just widen the net going forward.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    Upon listening to the latest Warning a Huge Podcast, shidoshi named off a couple 3DS titles I want to look into.
    There just isn't enough time for all these games.
    As "empty" as the Vita library may seem, when all the PSone, PSP, and yes, Vita, games I have in my backlog are considered; it could easily serve as my only system for the rest of my days.
    Same goes with 3DS, DS, and eshop stuff.
    My schedule for the last decade has amounted to maybe playing 3 games a year. To the casual observer it may look like I don't really like games at all, given the amount of time I spend playing them.
    How can you play psp games on vita? Are they on psn store?

5. Quote Originally Posted by Tyler_Durden View Post
    How can you play psp games on vita? Are they on psn store?
    Yeah, they have to be downloadable titles. Complicating things even further is that not every PSP game on PSN is "officially" compatible with the Vita.

6. Yeah, there are a few PSP and PSone games that will run on the Vita, but for whatever reason aren't flagged as compatible on the store and thus can't be downloaded to it directly, so you have to download to PS3 and then plug the Vita into that to transfer. MGS is one iirc.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

7. Quote Originally Posted by Space Pirate Roberts View Post
    Yeah, there are a few PSP and PSone games that will run on the Vita...
    I take umbrage with that trivialization concerning the amount of games that will work. Literally,hundreds of games work. Here's a list that hasn't been updated since October, 2013.
    https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/...yable-on-vita/

Quote Originally Posted by Space Pirate Roberts
    so you have to download to PS3 and then plug the Vita into that to transfer.
    I have tried this with PSP demos that aren't labeled Vita compatible but they still didn't work.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I take umbrage with that trivialization concerning the amount of games that will work. Literally,hundreds of games work. Here's a list that hasn't been updated since October, 2013.
    https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/...yable-on-vita/
    No, I know that. You misidentified the operative part of the sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Pirate Roberts View Post
    Yeah, there are a few PSP and PSone games that will run on the Vita, but for whatever reason aren't flagged as compatible on the store and thus can't be downloaded to it directly, so you have to download to PS3 and then plug the Vita into that to transfer. MGS is one iirc.
    I.e. the titles highlighted in blue in that list you linked to.
    Last edited by Space Pirate Roberts; 09 Feb 2015 at 07:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids