Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21214151617 LastLast

Thread: Neill Blomkamp's Alien Sequel

1. It really gave the impression later that the lady was just a really big James Franco fan and kept up with his twitter. We never really saw his face enough to really recognize him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

2. (unless you watched THAT Internet only interstitial trailer)
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

3. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    The couples weren't even goddamn established in the film! You'd have to read between the lines in one of those internet only yet essential to the plot trailer interstitial things to have a clue who was with who.

Awful awful trend, that bullshit.
    Wait, what.

This movie is dumb. Tiny alien yoga was Spaceballs goofs. I was happy to see Dole et al. bringing up that go-nowhere faith thread. You can identify precisely the moment when the intern came back with the Jimmy John's that day.
    Last edited by A Robot Bit Me; 28 May 2017 at 10:45 PM.

It was showing the gun in the first act and never using it. There was one other line about seeing the devil and that was about it. Destiny and I picked up on that right away.

Also ridiculous how much incompetence they laid on Tennessee's wife. She Bulk and Skull'd her way to hell and back, it's like the serious version of OJ's boat scene in the Naked Gun.

5. Neill Blomkamp's Alien Sequel

I am one of those weirdos who liked Prometheus and I also liked this. I think it could really benefit from a Directors Cut that adds maybe 10 or 20 minutes of crew interactions and some explanation on why David decided to turn into Space Hitler. I didn't even know there was a city of those dudes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    And yeah, David impersonated Walter, but everyone saw that coming. And speaking of David, it's always a bummer when an ageless character is played by an actor who has very visibly aged since the last movie.
    Everyone did know it but I also think Scott did a good job of stringing it out. If they just had David let the alien fuck everyone's shit up it wouldn't have worked.

Im not sure how you get around the age thing, I don't want to see some awful makeup or CG touch up work. We all age for better or worse.
    Last edited by Diff-chan; 05 Jun 2017 at 09:44 AM.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    some explanation on why David decided to turn into Space Hitler.
    Agreed on this. In Prometheus I never really got the impression that David was evil, but more a victim of his programming. He didn't infect that one dude until Weyland gave him the cryptic "try harder" order, and he had a line or two that hinted that he might have been resentful of what he was being made to do, depending on how you chose to interpret them.

So David going from that to full-on mad scientist was a odd transition, although Shaw may have made a few errors when re-attaching his noggin that contributed to that problem (as hinted at in one of those annoying "internet-only" videos).

Im not sure how you get around the age thing, I don't want to see some awful makeup or CG touch up work. We all age for better or worse.
    Don't pretend you weren't upset when Edward got older in Twilight.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

7. Neill Blomkamp's Alien Sequel

The intro to this movie had a line that hinted at David understanding his superiority, but yea I really want to know what happened. Like I don't find it implausible (as you say, there were hints at malevolence in Prometheus) but I just want some background. Without watching dopey internet short films.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    Don't pretend you weren't upset when Edward got older in Twilight.
    I'm Team Jacob though.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    The intro to this movie had a line that hinted at David understanding his superiority
    He also seemed legit bummed when he discovered that the Engineers were "mortal after all," so yeah, something was there to be sure.

I still consider Prometheus to be a very flawed film, but over the years I've come to appreciate it more regardless. Scott actually tried something different with it, and while he failed in some respects, at least he tried. It felt fresh and interesting, whereas Covenant is just fairly forgettable, IMO...it didn't have the highs or the lows that Prometheus did.

I'm interested in how David and Shaw's trip to find the Engineers would have played out had Prometheus not been so reviled (with Scott instead crafting an apology film for the sequel), but that plot thread was resolved in a 2-minute flashback and practically forgotten.
    Last edited by Dolemite; 05 Jun 2017 at 02:16 PM.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

9. I really liked prometheus so I am sorta excited to see this.

That being said I seriously think ARBM is like our generations Ebert, I browse the movie threads just to see him rip into things.
    Check out Mr. Businessman
    He bought some wild, wild life
    On the way to the stock exchange
    He got some wild, wild life

10. The problem with Prometheus was that the characters behaved in completely random and nonsensical ways.