Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123457 ... LastLast

Thread: Neill Blomkamp's Alien Sequel

1. Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    She is although it would also be interesting to see an Alien movie without her.
    They made some. Remember the shitty AvP movies?

It could easily be argued that they don't count, however.

2. Quote Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
    I don't understand why they felt they had to use certain characters (Ripley) again at all. The aliens are going to sell the movie, you don't need to rehash old crap in order to have it be successful.
    How would throwing the same aliens at new characters be less of a rehash of old crap than a new Ripley story?

3. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    They made some. Remember the shitty AvP movies?

It could easily be argued that they don't count, however.
    Nah I mean a new cast in a pure Alien movie although Blade's mom wasn't too bad in the first AvP as a protagonist.

In other media though I suppose Alien Isolation would be an alternative.

4. I will watch this.

5. Video is set to private now.

6. Sigourney Weaver herself has pretty much confirmed that Alien 3 & 4 will be ignored.

BTW, she's 65! I didn't realize she was that up there. If it's a sequel to Aliens they can of course explain Hicks looking different because of acid burns to his face, but what about Ripley? Malfunctioning Sleep pod? CG de-aging?

BTW, what was that video?

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

7. Sigourney and Neil discussing the genesis of the movie (early on in filming Chappie, she liked his ideas and he then sent her the concept art some time later). Their intentions to make a direct sequel to Aliens.

8. I assume then that Newt will be returning to the party as well. And maybe Bishop? Or at least half of him?

The top half, I mean.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

9. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    Sigourney Weaver herself has pretty much confirmed that Alien 3 & 4 will be ignored.

BTW, she's 65! I didn't realize she was that up there. If it's a sequel to Aliens they can of course explain Hicks looking different because of acid burns to his face, but what about Ripley? Malfunctioning Sleep pod? CG de-aging?

BTW, what was that video?
    I think they'll probably go with them aging in real time and the story taking place many years later. CG'ing Weaver and Biehn throughout the whole film would probably be expensive and look weird.