Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234568 ... LastLast

Thread: Neill Blomkamp's Alien Sequel

1. Yep, and since Lance Henrickson was an android and is now quite old I doubt they'll put him in it.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

Maybe he'll be the grandson of the bloody ear man from Alien 3. A cameo would be nice.

Video said something like "the fans have wanted an ending to the trilogy for some time now" so, yeah. Alien 3 and 4 retcon confirmed.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    I assume then that Newt will be returning to the party as well. And maybe Bishop? Or at least half of him?

The top half, I mean.
    Just the bottom half, an android penis and legs just following Ripley around.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Video said something like "the fans have wanted an ending to the trilogy for some time now" so, yeah. Alien 3 and 4 retcon confirmed.
    We had a perfectly good ending to the trilogy.

I don't understand this need to have Hicks and Newt alive again, "Alien" is a pretty brutal universe. They're dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

You know I agree.

6. I mostly agree, too. Mostly

7. Just as I typed that, a perfectly good film art history perspective video on 3 shows up.

"without women, men become monsters"

This might be true, but these guys are monsters with or without the presence of women. It's a fucking penal colony. Criticizing Ripley for taking on the "traditional mother" role is a bit much too. Her daughter died while she was sleeping, then she wakes up and there's a little girl, who needs help, that looks like her fucking daughter and happens to be the exact same age. Keep in mind that in Ripley's mind she saw her daughter alive, like, three weeks ago.

9. The video doesn't seem to take Aliens Special Edition into account, no. Amanda Ripley doesn't get mentioned in the theatrical cut at all though.

Theatrical editions don't count, man.