Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 35678911 ... LastLast

Thread: Neill Blomkamp's Alien Sequel

I can't imagine missing part of a movie just to go piss.

I guess that's something to look forward to in my old age.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

Download a cam when you get home and review.

3. He doesn't want to retcon 3 and 4, he intends to make a movie between 2 and 3. (:44 in)

How do they explain the aging?

5. They'll figure out the movie when they write it.

6. Making it between 2 and 3 would be stupid. Everyone leaves the hypersleep chambers on the Marine ship in the beginning and then hop back in at the end to go off and die?

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

7. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    What, the soldier cocooning people? I always assumed that it was doing it based on instinct, like, waiting for the queen to show up.
    Not so much the cocooning but turning Brett into an egg, some people have said it would have conflicted with the Queen being the only one able to lay eggs but I think both could have worked.

Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    I don't think they have to be mutually exclusive. The individual near-dead alien has a way to make eggs in lieu of the queen being around.
    That's what I thought too. The "egg morphing" is a really interesting idea but after thinking about it the process of creating the egg doesn't hold up too well if you scrutinize it. Cameron's Aliens showed that the drones cocoon up hosts for the facehuggers which works pretty well since there was a colony of them. The original cut of Alien is probably for the best, it shows an Alien cut off from it's purpose so it just murders most of the crew members (even if in some ambiguous ways).

This site has a really interesting Cameron quote regarding the whole scene:

In 1996 Cameron spoke to Starburst about his problems with the egg-morphing scene and concept. “If you follow Dan’s original concept, the closure of the original cycle was the human host turning back into a cocoon … The Alien grabbed Harry Dean Stanton and presumably put him into a cocoon. It’s certainly no great logical detour to assume that it might have used him as another host, but I think it would be a bit odd that he turned into an egg. That’s something that would have been hard for the audience to swallow because it involved the transformation of the human host and although one can assume the Alien can metamorphose, to have its biological properties take up residence in a human being and change it, [egg-morphing] was going beyond the ground rules they set themselves.”

Cameron however was impressed by the idea that the Alien’s life-cycle was inspired directly by the horrors of the natural world. “One of Alien‘s great attributes was that it set up a very weird biological process but it has a basis in science fact all the way through,” he said, “like the [life]cycle of a digger wasp, which paralyses its prey and injects an egg into the living body to mature.” He stuck with the idea of a life-cycle inspired by the brutal insect world, but egg-morphing was out. “I dispensed with it because we never saw that in the film anyway. Had it appeared in the film I wouldn’t have violated any logic turbulence.”
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    I believe in the commentary Scott states that the cocooned Brett was mutating into an egg. I assume that was going to happen to Dallas as well, eventually. Or maybe if Brett was turning into an egg then Dallas was supposed to be the host for the facehugger. Or something.
    Yeah it was definitely the latter.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    Making it between 2 and 3 would be stupid. Everyone leaves the hypersleep chambers on the Marine ship in the beginning and then hop back in at the end to go off and die?
    It makes about as much sense as the in canon Alien: Out of the Shadows that takes place in between Alien and Aliens.

That book is just all sorts of pointless and it more or less copies Dead Space's plot.
    Last edited by Will; 01 Mar 2015 at 10:23 PM.

9. Fuck 'canon', that shit's silly. I'm gonna stick to the movies and the early Dark Horse comics, thanks. Even the contradictory ones are pretty good!

"Aliens Volume 2" is just about as perfect of an Aliens 2 as anybody could hope for, I think. (plus it's been "borrowed from" by Resurrection and the games quite a bit, even the mighty Capcom AvP took a ton of material from it.)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7e25af2e-2304-44f2-9c51-698fb5d018cf.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	48.5 KB 
ID:	76161 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aliens3.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	2.14 MB 
ID:	76162
    Last edited by YellerDog; 02 Mar 2015 at 03:30 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

10. Is Weyland-Yutani using the xenomorphs as weapons? And behind glass jars?