Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 24567810 ... LastLast

Thread: Neill Blomkamp's Alien Sequel

1. Plz blv.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

2. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    The "I'm Dwane, I'm Ellen" scene stops the Queen buildup cold, too.
    Forgot about that.

The gangbang scene is kinda out of place in a sci-fi action movie as well. Not sure what Cameron was thinking.
    Last edited by Dolemite; 27 Feb 2015 at 01:49 PM.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

3. As for the Director's Cut of Alien, I'm ambivalent towards it. The additions are okay but ultimately inconsequential, aside from maybe the infamous cocooning scene near the end.

Ridley Scott himself has said that the theatrical version is his preferred cut and that he had made the exact movie he set out to make at the time...the Director's Cut is just something fun the studio asked him to do for the film's anniversary.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

4. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    As for the Director's Cut of Alien, I'm ambivalent towards it. The additions are okay but ultimately inconsequential, aside from maybe the infamous cocooning scene near the end.

Ridley Scott himself has said that the theatrical version is his preferred cut and that he had made the exact movie he set out to make at the time...the Director's Cut is just something fun the studio asked him to do for the film's anniversary.
    I liked the cocooning scene since it showed what it was doing with the bodies and added another level of horror to the Alien, there's was that argument of the whole thing conflicting with the whole Alien Queen stuff but I don't see why it can't be both.

5. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    I mostly agree, too. Mostly
    This is the best response I've seen on TNL in a very long time. Well done!

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    the whole thing conflicting with the whole Alien Queen stuff
    What, the soldier cocooning people? I always assumed that it was doing it based on instinct, like, waiting for the queen to show up.

7. I don't think they have to be mutually exclusive. The individual near-dead alien has a way to make eggs in lieu of the queen being around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

Were there eggs in that scene? I don't remember.

9. I believe in the commentary Scott states that the cocooned Brett was mutating into an egg. I assume that was going to happen to Dallas as well, eventually. Or maybe if Brett was turning into an egg then Dallas was supposed to be the host for the facehugger. Or something.