Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 111314151617 LastLast

Thread: Neill Blomkamp's Alien Sequel

1. Where did the aliens come from? Dracula's Space Castle.

I don't know if that's a satisfying answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

2. Literally weaponized autism.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

3. It never got either as good or as bad in parts as Prometheus did; overall, this was just okay and ultimately felt rushed and unnecessary. Whoever said it felt like an apology for Prometheus was right on the money. I did like the bleak note they ended it on, however.

And yeah, David impersonated Walter, but everyone saw that coming. And speaking of David, it's always a bummer when an ageless character is played by an actor who has very visibly aged since the last movie.

And lol at how lame that chestburster was.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunlap View Post
    There was a civilization there before David showed up. They even had a flashback scene.
    Yeah, but they ate Earth wheat and not green alien space wheat or something?
    Last edited by Dolemite; 26 May 2017 at 11:59 AM.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

4. It was huge space wheat, wasn't it?
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

5. Wasn't even a chestburster, I think they forgot that was a thing.

The aliens planted human life on earth, ok. The planet had vegetation already right? Did they go back and plant wheat later?

6. What was with that weird sub-plot about the captain's "faith" that went absolutely nowhere?

Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    Wasn't even a chestburster, I think they forgot that was a thing.
    Yeah, it was like a mini Alien instead. And once it popped out he and David started doing Yoga together or some shit. Dumbest scene in the movie by far.

Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

7. The faith thing was a tell don't show thing. He talked about it a lot but we never saw any evidence. Not even a cross or prayer or anything.

8. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    The faith thing was a tell don't show thing. He talked about it a lot but we never saw any evidence. Not even a cross or prayer or anything.
    I think it was mentioned in passing literally twice, and it was more used to make him look odd more than anything. Like when he said, "They would never make me captain because they know I'm a man of faith and that I'll make crazy decisions" or whatever. It came across like one of the writers just threw a dart at a board of generic character traits and then forgot about it.

BTW, the characters that got a significant other killed off all got over that shit pretty fucking quickly. Someone's husband or wife dies, they get a quick "I'm sad" scene, and then they're 100% fine the rest of the movie.
    Last edited by Dolemite; 26 May 2017 at 06:02 PM.

9. The couples weren't even goddamn established in the film! You'd have to read between the lines in one of those internet only yet essential to the plot trailer interstitial things to have a clue who was with who.

Awful awful trend, that bullshit.

10. I was pretty overjoyed that James Franco got torched and died before he even had a chance to legit appear in the film. Best cameo ever.