Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Famicom Interest Check

Agreed, though that wouldn't offset international shipping in very many cases.

I guess the net is that SSJN isn't interested in enough, and buttplant and I are so far apart that I'm not even sure it's worth a counter-offer, so I'm probably keeping most of this. There are a couple SSJN wants that I don't need. Plus I owe him a JPS2 discussion, which thankfully has way less games.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Did you take shipping into account, since about 90% of those are from Japan?
    No. That is sunk costs and I don't buy into the sunk cost fallacy. If I sell Josh or Pacrappa an amp, they aren't going to pay for the gas or mail that it took to get it to me 5 years ago.

I made the same kind of offer that I'd make any other grandpa asking for someone to buy everything in one lot, not wanting to part it out, and asking the buyer to look for the prices.

If you want more, look into it and name your price.
    Last edited by Fe 26; 23 Feb 2015 at 02:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    No. That is sunk costs and I don't buy into the sunk cost fallacy.
    Let me tell you something about the food you eat, clothes you wear, car you drive, etc.

I don't feel like arguing with you about business. You can either believe me about that or not.

But if you think anyone on here is going to pay you ebay price + shipping from japan, you're nuts. And buy it all in one lot + shipping on every item? you're double nuts. Everyone on here could turn around and just buy from ebay if they wanted to do that, and pick and choose which titles and items they want from home.

You're already looking at them and making a price list. Finish that and post an updated list. If you want to be butthurt and not do business with me, fine. You got like 3 or 4 other guys in this thread that want to buy stuff.

Would you be willing share your offer publicly? I think others would be interested.

For the record, no, I didn't expect ebay + shipping with no bulk discount.

edit: However, I also don't expect this to be the way business is done on TNL:

I made the same kind of offer that I'd make any other grandpa asking for someone to buy everything in one lot, not wanting to part it out, and asking the buyer to look for the prices.
    Last edited by Yoshi; 23 Feb 2015 at 02:32 PM.

6. Yes, please share.
    I've known Yoshi to be quite a few things, but top dollar ebay man was never one of them.
    So I'm curious what your fair offer that he didn't even feel worth countering was.

Sure. I typed each title into ebay completed auctions and looked for a medium green price. I came up with this list.

Air Fortress 10
    Akumajo Densetsu 30
    Akumajo Special: Boku Dracula-kun 8
    Baseball Stars 3
    Chip to Dale no Daisakusen 8
    Contra 20
    Crisis Force 45
    Double Dragon II: The Revenge 13
    Double Dragon III 10
    Downtown Nekketsu Koushinkyoku: Soreyuke Daiundoukai 7
    Duck Tales 2 20
    Famista '91 3
    Final Lap 1
    Ganbare Penant Race 1
    Gradius II 17
    Guevara 20
    Gun-Dec 20
    Holy Diver 40
    Hyper Olympic 5
    Kage no Densetsu 2
    Kaijuu Monogatari 3
    Matendouji 7
    Moero!! Judo Warriors 1
    Nekketsu Koukou Dodgeball-bu Soccer-hen 4
    New Ghostbusters 2 30
    Ninja-kun: Majiro no Bouken 3
    Parodius Da! 10
    Salamander 6
    Splatterhouse: Wanpaku Graffiti 24
    Star Soldier 2
    Sweet Home 8
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 10
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2: The Manhattan Projec 10
    The Goonies 9
    Tiger-Heli 4
    Transformers 5
    Wai Wai World 10
    Wai Wai World 2 10
    Wanpaku Dakku Yume Bouken 10

Arumana no Kiseki 20
    Castlevania - Akumajou Dracula 40
    Dracula II: Noroi No Fuuin 10

Sharp Twin Famicom AN-505B 150
    Hori HJ-10 10
    Hudson Joycard Sansui SSS 10

Total possible worth: $649

I then halved that for an offer of $325

8. Why would you halve it though? TNL Discount?

Edit: TNL Discount is a legit response btw, we all sell on here knowing we're not getting eBay prices.
    Last edited by Chux; 23 Feb 2015 at 02:50 PM.

9. basketball reasons

making me look up the prices and buying the whole damn lot, discount.

If wanted to name his own prices, or break it up for just the items each person wanted the most, I'd pay more.