Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Skycurser (JAMMA)

1. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    Yeah, this doesn't really look very good. It kind of reminds me of like a prettier version of Gates of Zendecon.

Dude, I really liked Gates of Zendecon! Granted, it may have been a case of "what else am I going to play on my Lynx?", but good times none the less.

Another exclusive preview, this time for Arcade Heroes:

They also answer the hardware question kedawa asked above:

It’s simply an AMD APU on a mini-itx board that’s fully powered and controlled through the JAMMA harness. Integrated into the system is an audio amp and operator switch. Software is delivered via USB flash stick. Encryption will be important to protect the arcade exclusive experience. Nothing overly-complex or proprietary with the hardware. We’ve used multiple chipsets throughout development but will ultimately pick one based on price/performance. Our goal is to make this very affordable.
    In the video they mention that they are making the platform available to other potential developers as well.

I wonder if he means "arcade hardware" affordable or "Yeah, anyone can buy it" affordable.

My wild ass guess is $200. Compared to the Neo Geo version of NG Dev Team games it would be affordable.

edit: Actually that guess failed to account for the APU. I am not sure how much that is alone.

You asked for it, you got it! Allow us to present the new and improved SKYCURSER player sprite. It’s roughly 25% smaller than the previous build and features a much more detailed design. There are tons of other animations not included in this gif, but we think this gets the point across. Expect new video featuring the updated ship are soon!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tumblr_nua5003no81tjvu68o1_1280.gif 
Views:	194 
Size:	160.7 KB 
ID:	77525  

6. It looks like something from an Amiga game.
    Take that as you will.

I think it's an improvement. I'm going to try to meet up with these guys when I'm in Indy for my sister's wedding. Or is it that I am going to try to attend my sister's wedding when I'm in Indy to meet up with these guys?

8. That is a improvement but they might want to use feedback to tweak some of the other designs. Gunlord and Neo XyX kinda crap on this.