Thread: Toejam and Earl: Back in the Groove (PC, Kickstarter)

1. Toejam and Earl: Back in the Groove (PC, Kickstarter)

We all kind of knew this would happen eventually. Unfortunately they arrived a little late for the Kickstarter honeypot, but hopefully this does well all the same. The rewards are very tempting.

Looks like they've got the right idea. I like the 2D/3D art style. I wouldn't mind a more colorful palette, but it looks good. They're basically going for the true sequel to the first game they never got to make. I'm a big Panic on Funkotron apologist, but this seems like the right move.

Kickstarter
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 26 Feb 2015 at 09:54 AM.

2. Looks kind of ugly but seems like the right approach. The first game wasn't a looker either.

3. 400K? It's done really well right out the gate, at an average of $50

4. The first game was really interesting, and something different. Its style kind of fit the times. The next 2 games in the series were terrible and I'm not sure if I could be convinced to back a fourth game.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

5. The second game is one of the best platformers of the 16-bit era, it just wasn't as unique as the first.

6. The original game was one of my and my brother's favorite games on the Genesis when we were kids. It was like playing a lighthearted pseudo-roguelike before I even knew what a roguelike was. I wrote and posted a FAQ for the game to GameFAQs about 5,000 years ago. I am even one of the few that really liked the XBox game, even with all its gameplay deficiencies and horrible, cringe worthy stereotypical dialogue. This will potentially be the first kickstarter that I've ever backed.

7. I backed it. I've been speaking a lot to Greg Johnson lately (big project in the works!), and he's an awesome guy. This is still very early, so it should improve visually. I like the style, and online multiplayer sounds awesome.

And those rewards rock. I would LOVE to have these:

8. Unless everyone goes away all at once, it looks like TJ&E is happening. I probably won't back it myself but I'm glad to see it's going to exist.

9. The rewards are very tempting, but alas my budget is tight right now.