Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Hey People That Know A Thing About Arcade Repair

  1. Hey People That Know A Thing About Arcade Repair

    I've had this Three machine since I opened, but it needed work that I didn't have the extra cash to put into it.
    Last time I powered it on (Vasteel was here), the monitor worked but the picture would occasionally roll.
    Well, I decided I want it fixed so I bought all the controller parts it needed, but now the screen only does this:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150310_204404.jpg 
Views:	431 
Size:	225.3 KB 
ID:	76208

    It's like the display is squished down to a single line. Thing has done nothing but sit since August. Any ideas? Don't really want to pay for a new monitor, but if I must then I must.

  2. Maybe need to be degaussed? (Literally just guessing there.)

  3. #3
    Vertical collapse. Needs something replaced. What? I dunno, I don't have arcade machines.

    Get thee to Lots of people knowledgeable in crts and arcade workings there.

  4. You should ask on shmups or neo-geo if you have an account there. I don't know if we have any arcade bros left here.

  5. Yeah, you may need to replace the monitor. Just be really careful when you do as you can electrocute the living shit out of yourself on those things
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

  6. Twist the axis knobs, son.

  7. Did that!
    Didnt make a difference. :/

  8. Looks like the gun is shot, or a connection from the board to the gun that controls V-scan. There may be a pots on the board with a Philips head screw that will have vertical labeled underneath it. You could try turning it, but I wouldn't recommend opening it up without knowledge of what is going on inside. I would suggest locating a small mom and pop electronics repair shop. The shop I use will check out a TV for $40 and then give estimates for repair.
    Last edited by gamevet; 11 Mar 2015 at 12:55 AM.
    <a href= target=_blank></a>

  9. #9
    Do you see the adjustment knobs? They probably look different but it'll be something like this image stolen from the internet

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	remote_adjustments.png 
Views:	256 
Size:	110.4 KB 
ID:	78501

    If you watch the screen while adjusting you should see some kind of change at least.

    If nothing happens at all I would guess you need to replace the caps on the monitor. It's kind of a pain in the ass and it can kill you if you're not careful. So maybe find someone else to do it.
    John / JohnNiner / Niner

  10. It's safe as long as you discharge the tube.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  • logo