Page 1 of 6 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Tembo the Badass Elephant (PC, PS4, One)

Tembo the Badass Elephant (PC, PS4, One)

Quote Originally Posted by Eurogamer
    The developer of Pokémon has announced Tembo the Badass Elephant, a 2D side-scrolling platformer for PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

Published by Sega, the game is set to launch this summer as a digital download.

It's not the first time that Game Freak has created a game for a non-Nintendo system - the developer's most recent example was an Android port of its puzzler Solitiba.

But it is Game Freak's first title for a Sony system since the original PlayStation, and the first for a Microsoft system ever.

Game Freak has worked on every major Pokémon release from the Game Boy's Red and Blue up to the most recent 3DS titles, Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire.

"We're delighted to be working with Game Freak to bring this heavyweight adventure to an audience we feel it will have relephants to," quipped Sega exec John Clark. "It's a trunkful of fun and we think gamers are going to love it. Hopefully more than my rubbish elephant puns."
    Link

It reminds of Donkey Kong Country without the terrible character designs, but there is some Sonic-ness to it too.

I like when Game Freak takes a break from Pokemon. And with Sega as publisher I half expect a Pulseman cameo.

3. That's the dumbest name I've ever heard in my l-
    Game Freak
    o god.

This is going to be very good.

4. Not only did that look really good, it also made me really want another Drill Dozer.

5. Yeah, I'm in.

Are we done with 8-Bit 2D platformers?

6. Quote Originally Posted by Chux View Post
    Yeah, I'm in.

God I hope so.

This looks fun. Plus it has a bad ass elephant. Why the hell not.

7. This looks like Donkey Kong Jungle Beat. Interest Piqued.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

8. Hey that looks kinda dope.

And Drill Dozer.

sorry I mean ~ Drill Dozer ~

9. Quote Originally Posted by Glass Joe View Post
    Not only did that look really good, it also made me really want another Drill Dozer.
    excuse me, ~ Drill Dozer ~

YEAH TAIN GETS IT

It would look better if it was one. This looks cheap and not very good but it's Game Freak so i'll give it the benefit of the doubt. HD graphics on 2D games that don't have a huge budget makes them look cheap and empty. If Game Freak's name wasn't on this i'd think it was another forgettable XBox Live Arcade game with a stupid name like "Hell Yeah!" (ALSO PUBLISHED BY SEGA AND ALSO CLAIMED TO BE ~ Drill Dozer ~ ).
    i'm disappointed this is the big Game Freak thing i was looking forward to. Give me Horse Solitare any day.
    Donk

These days, I expect any game announced by well-known Japanese developers to be for cellphones. The simple fact that this is a real game coming to real systems is a very pleasant surprise.