Page 17 of 42 FirstFirst ... 31315161718192131 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars: Rogue One (2016)

1. I have no respect for anything written with hashtag.

2. I'm not a Star Wars fan but it seemed kind of derivative to me. Really boring in parts. It kind of made me appreciate the ridiculousness of Kylo Ren as a villain more than I did before.

Mads Mikkelsen is the hottest mofo and they kind of wasted him imo.

My biggest complaint was possibly something unfixable, because it would violate canon or whatever, but holy shit the Vader character design does not hold up in modern 3D at all. He looked cheap, silly, and not intimidating whatsoever. The cool robot was scarier looking than he was. They modified the angle of his helmet a bit, but they gave him chicken legs. It was a weird design issue I had and I'm not sure if there's much they can do bc no one is going to revamp Vader.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

3. You're not the only one that's been saying this about Vader in this movie. I haven't seen it yet so I can't comment, I'm also hearing that James Earl Jones doesn't sound exactly the same anymore, either (I mean, the guy IS old and all). Anyway, I'm probably going to see it today, so we'll see.

4. Yeah he sounds a bit different and honestly almost all of his scenes were obviously shoehorned in by the studio as the serve no purpose for the plot. You can tell that Edwards wanted to have him show up just in a small bit in the end and honestly if that had been his appearance it would have been perfect
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

And you dick butts said that wouldn't happen when it was announced Disney purchased the franchise.

6. I don't see the point in making a side story like this if they don't use it as an opportunity to bring back an iconic character like Vader.

7. Sounds like the execution was more the issue than the concept. Vader existing around the DeathStar isn't far fetched.

Ive never found the original visual concept of Vader scary TBH. The man had sinister moments but he was always a weird geriatric bug eyed respirator with a black cape. His actions were nontheless pretty bad ass.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 18 Dec 2016 at 02:59 PM.

8. Hey ass hats. Just enjoy the fucking movie and have fun!

9. No

10. Your loss then.