Page 28 of 42 FirstFirst ... 1424262728293032 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars: Rogue One (2016)

1. I've gotta have the CBSFOX logo before the movies or something's missing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

Just got out. realy enjoyed it. i like it as much as TFA. and i also enjoyed TFA a lot. Donnie Yen was ill and im glad he got more than a basic cameo. Vader did seem weird, and his neck was on the fat side. but i excuse his voice as JEJ is 85. so your voice isn't going to sound the same as when you're a young actor trying to make it in the 70's. i didn't mind tarken though the smoothness by which he moved was disarming. Liea was okay until she spoke. the idea of having tarken as a hologram they spoke to would have been preferable. but really. i liked it. could have been worse. i told my wife to exchange teh tix we had to rogue one from assassins creed. so i dodged a bullet.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Cowutopia View Post
    I have copies on VHS but they are actual ass. I can't believe how bad tv looked. I remember first realizing the difference between widescreen and pan and scan and having my mind blown.

Ld's are cool.
    It's kind of Jarring to see Han Solo's face covering the entire screen in the Millennium Falcon scenes on VHS.

I saw this movie today. The 1st half was pretty uninteresting. I almost got up and walked out, but I knew it had to get better. Seeing the whole Return of the Jedi attack fleet was cool , even though this fleet gets totally blown up by Vader's Star Destroy within a matter of minutes. The ending was sort of cool, though the blockade runner being there doesn't line up with what Lord Vader says to Leia on the Death Star in A New Hope.

Overall, I think this movie is slightly better than TFA, but still not as good as any of the movies from the Original Trilogy.

4. I rewatched TFA on TV and the movie is 80% better without 3D. Seriously, it was so much easier to concentrate on and follow. I have no idea why 3D is so jarring to me, but it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

5. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    I though the blockade runner being there doesn't line up with what Lord Vader says to Leia on the Death Star in A New Hope.
    Her ship was inside the larger one, so technically the plans were "beamed" to it, I guess.

I agree about Tarkin via holochat or whatever. If they had used the same style they did when Vader spoke to the Emperor in ESB, it would have helped cover up Tarkin's CG-ness a bit more.

6. I think people's vision of ground level troops in Star Wars being better than the Jedi narrative is needless contrarian garbage. TFA was a much better emotional payload than anything in this movie.

The whole blind fighting monk "the force is with me" was contrived and goofy.Wtf was that at any of the pilot shit with Whitaker on Jedha. The gungali octopus shit is never explained but given so much gravitas in its own scene. They must have cut a bunch of scenes here for time but it never came together. Jedhas destruction was a great visual though.

Loved seeing ATAT from the perspective of ground troops but the rebel characters were so half baked and often so silly it was hard to care about their suicide mission that much. Even Jins climax encounter w military commander was flat.

I actually enjoyed seeing wrecking ball Vader run through rebels. Without that the ending kind of wasn't even there.

This movie was thin on substance and excitement or a big resolution like the Ren Rey battle of the last one.

I liked it overall but I'm not going to go overboard here

7. I thought the Han Solo death scene was more contrived than ANYTHING in Rogue One, but maybe that's just me.

8. Quote Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
    I thought the Han Solo death scene was more contrived than ANYTHING in Rogue One, but maybe that's just me.
    His son being an annoying Sith leeader of the First Order (play on New Order?) wasn't all that great either. Kylo Ren getting his ass handed to him by an un-trained Jedi was rather weak as well. I think that the whole story for TFA was pretty poorly conceived.

9. Yeah, agreed. At least with Luke there was training/failing/training. Rey just figured shit out and beat some high ranking dark side lord in a few days? Didn't like that.

10. To be fair he did have a GIANT BLASTER HOLE in his side.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.