Page 32 of 42 FirstFirst ... 1828303132333436 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars: Rogue One (2016)

1. 🤣😂

2. Great points Furyfox. Something bothered me about the ATAT scene and you nailed the problem. They show up, and you think the big gunner and blind guy are going to have to figure out how to fight them... then nope the X-wings just come swooping in.

That's how I felt about the Whitaker scenes with the pilot. His reveal is fine, but he says some weird word in a horrible Hindu accent and that's it. No one saves him there's no big barter just him looking brain drained in his cell.

None of this necessarily made it a bad movie by any means but it was bland.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 01 Jan 2017 at 07:02 PM.

Flavor text the movie
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Space Pirate Roberts View Post
    Wait, what? That's only true in comparison to Rey. Luke got the Jedi crash course - a few minutes of Force 101 with Obi-Wan in his house and on the Falcon and then like a week with Yoda. Those Jedi Kindergarten kids Anakin slaughtered in Sith probably had more training than Luke.
    You should read the Marvel comic that's running now. It's canon and explains this in detail. After EP4, Luke goes back to Tatooine and finds a series of training journals that Obi-Wan spent his years in exile preparing. It's what he used up until Empire, and what he used in the year between Empire and Jedi. He never considered himself to be a full Jedi, which is why he goes back to see Yoda in EP6. He assumes he's missing a lot of training. So, Luke's not technically fully-trained but more of a "best we're gonna get under the circumstances" deal.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    You should read the Marvel comic that's running now. It's canon and explains this in detail. After EP4, Luke goes back to Tatooine and finds a series of training journals that Obi-Wan spent his years in exile preparing.
    I want these to be like holographic fast food training videos poorly acted by dregs from mos eisley so, so badly

6. Quote Originally Posted by ElCapichan View Post
    藍

Your having worse taste than a Star Wars nerd girl aside, she pretty much nails my issues with the movie.

7. Just saw this, I liked it overall but the first half was boring and the second half was fun but disposable. The filmmaking equivalent of the new Star Wars Battlefront. The saddest part is that we won't see more of the best Star Wars droid since HK-47.

8. Quote Originally Posted by FuryFox View Post

Your having worse taste than a Star Wars nerd girl aside, she pretty much nails my issues with the movie.
    I guess I just don't see how anyone can hold the originals in such high regard yet shit all over this and TFA. Regardless of which one you thought was mediocrely better, these movies were pretty much what everyone wanted the prequels to be. They felt like Star Wars. That's a huge win in my book. I also find it very interesting/funny how Star Wars fans of all generations are so divided over the new movies. Of course everyone can and will have there own opinion over any Star Wars film, and the movies mean different things for different people, but these movies are a million times better than than the prequels!

9. Quote Originally Posted by ElCapichan View Post
    I guess I just don't see how anyone can hold the originals in such high regard yet shit all over this and TFA. Regardless of which one you thought was mediocrely better, these movies were pretty much what everyone wanted the prequels to be. They felt like Star Wars. That's a huge win in my book. I also find it very interesting/funny how Star Wars fans of all generations are so divided over the new movies. Of course everyone can and will have there own opinion over any Star Wars film, and the movies mean different things for different people, but these movies are a million times better than than the prequels!
    You can find 10 things, or more, wrong with just about any science fiction movie ever made.

10. That girl is like a Star Wars SJW. She needs to stop. Ugh. Baby complaints.