Page 40 of 42 FirstFirst ... 26363839404142 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars: Rogue One (2016)

1. Quote Originally Posted by Mzo View Post
    I wish Star Wars was still just 3 old movies that were pretty good.
    The Empire storyline should get wrapped up at any rate.

There's a short scene in this where Jynn grabs a stormtroopers blaster and he just magically falls off the platform somehow. Maybe she pushed or tripped him? You don't see that. She grabs his gun and he falls off in a weird sequence of events. It was just poorly shot and staged and careless–like everything else in this movie.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 27 Jul 2017 at 10:28 AM.

2. I metaphorically threw my hands in the air when Stormtroopers were getting rekt by being hit with a wooden stick.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Mzo View Post
    I wish Star Wars was still just 3 old movies that were pretty good.
    It was only ever "just [x>1] movies" if you were illiterate. Splinter of the Mind's Eye came out before Empire.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

4. This movie does suck 2nd time around. But most big budget popcorn flicks are, so it is no surprise.

5. Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    This movie does suck 2nd time around. But most modern big budget popcorn flicks are, so it is no surprise.
    fixed, because I can list a ton of big budget popcorn flicks that don't, beginning with the that started them in 1975.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    fixed, because I can list a ton of big budget popcorn flicks that don't, beginning with the that started them in 1975.
    Right, I meant to say recent films.

7. How many of those classics would even qualify as "big budget" by modern standards?

8. I find holding past events to modern standards problematic.
    It's all relative. Those classics were big budget compared to what was standard at that time.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I metaphorically threw my hands in the air when Stormtroopers were getting rekt by being hit with a wooden stick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I find holding past events to modern standards problematic.
    So then you had no problem with Stormtroopers getting wrecked by rock-throwing Ewoks? What makes sticks different from rocks? If it was acceptable then, it should be so now, same for the wooden acting and lazy plot.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    So then you had no problem with Stormtroopers getting wrecked by rock-throwing Ewoks?
    I do. That sucked, too.