Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst ... 23456818 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars: Rogue One (2016)

1. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    Yes, considering the entire trailer was pretty much about her and establishing who she was.

But where did you get the "good at everything" part? All they really mention about her was her rebellious attitude and run ins with the empire (or was some of that infractions with the rebellion as well?). I didn't really notice them saying she was particularly good at anything.
    Last edited by ElCapichan; 07 Apr 2016 at 03:16 PM.

2. Han Solo was 2% clumsy, totally believable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

3. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    wasn't he nominated for a razzy for Last King of Scotland? Such an awful actor.
    Would've been interesting to win both an Academy Award and a Razzie for the same role, but I'm guessing he's happier with the one he got.

4. Nobody has complained of the lens flares yet, I am shocked
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

5. Quote Originally Posted by ElCapichan View Post
    But where did you get the "good at everything" part? All they really mention about her was her rebellious attitude and run ins with the empire (or was some of that infractions with the rebellion as well?). I didn't really notice them saying she was particularly good at anything.
    She beats the shit out of a gang of Stormtroopers hand-to-hand, blasts several more, is entrusted with a secret mission by the Rebellion to steal the Death Star plans, and is even given the 80's Action Police Chief speech usually reserved for the loose cannon who is nonetheless kept around because they get results: "You've been on your own since you were 15, you're reckless, aggressive, undisciplined! But we have a mission for you!"

Kinda tells me all I need to know.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

6. Who in the Star Wars universe can't take out an isolated gang of storm troopers? We know they can't shoot worth shit.

7. Yeah, but when was the last time they ever resorted to fisticuffs? I figured if they couldn't shoot, at least maybe they could fight? Guess not!

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

8. The "I rebel" line is tremendously awful, and at least as framed by the trailer, the idea that they would assign Jyn Erso (apprehended criminal? new recruit?) this important mission seems a bit ridiculous. Maybe they sell it on her noted list of treacherous skills/accomplishments possibly getting the job done and, knowingly or not, being one of many expendable assets all sent on a suicide mission in the hopes that one might succeed in time. Hopefully she's a good character and they make it work well.

Other than that, everything else looks pretty cool. I'd like to see it, especially after really enjoying The Force Awakens and being more excited about the franchise.

From the trailer at least, cinematography looks ace and they seem to be doing some neat stuff with music/sound.

That Vietnam-esque scene with the AT-ATs on the beach looks amazing.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Geo View Post
    the idea that they would assign Jyn Erso (apprehended criminal? new recruit?) this important mission seems a bit ridiculous.
    No more so than asking this man to rescue the president.

10. I hate that movie because Plissken is good at everything.