Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 79101112131525 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars: Episode VIII (2017)

1. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    Disney would never have the balls to make Rey evil. Based on TFA, the subsequent sequels will take the safest, most predictable path possible.
    Agree with this take. The trailer is a complete misdirection. Watch Kylo turn good in ep.9.

2. Star Wars is the only series where a character can kill their dad or a shitload of younglings and somehow redeem themselves in the end.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

3. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    Star Wars is the only series where a character can kill their dad or a shitload of younglings and somehow redeem themselves in the end.
    Both Kylo Ren and Darth Vader somehow escape direct responsibility for genocide in their respective trilogies as well.

Neither Vader nor Kylo give the order to fire when ready. They just play the role of the eccentric uncle, just chillin' on the murder battlestation.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

4. Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    Agree with this take. The trailer is a complete misdirection. Watch Kylo turn good in ep.9.
    -My thought is that Kylo turns good in episode 8, when Rey confronts him in front of Snoke.
    - Kylo destroys the ship that his mother is on, hoping to cut the last ties he has with his good side.
    - Rey and Kylo are related, with Rey probably being Luke's daughter.
    - Luke left her on that planet, after he failed the Jedi order.
    -Kylo and Rey will confront Snoke in ep.9 to destroy him.
    Last edited by gamevet; 10 Oct 2017 at 11:58 PM.

5. I hope the writers are more imaginitive than gamevet.
    But I have a bad feeling about this!
    ho ho ho.
    I'm soooo sick of people recycling the same movie references.

6. Meh I'd enjoy a Rey/Kylo team up against a big bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

7. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I hope the writers are more imaginitive than gamevet.
    But I have a bad feeling about this!
    ho ho ho.
    I'm soooo sick of people recycling the same movie references.
    They show a scene where Snoke is torturing Rey. That's why I have a feeling that Kylo steps in to save her.

It was directed by JJ Abrams, and we've seen how he can take a very captivating story and then leave us kind of feeling that the ending could have been better.

8. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    It was directed by JJ Abrams
    No it wasn't.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

9. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    No it wasn't.
    I stand corrected. He is the director of Episode IX. I thought that the 2 clowns that got fired were during the filming of Episode VIII.

I'll leave this here. He makes some pretty solid points, but he does neglect to acknowledge that Han knew her somehow, which would suggest to me that she was family.
    Last edited by gamevet; 11 Oct 2017 at 12:22 AM.

10. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    I stand corrected. He is the director of Episode IX. I thought that the 2 clowns that got fired were during the filming of Episode VIII.
    You're really showing your lack of actual knowledge. Lord and Miller are actually damned good directors that Disney made a poor decision of hiring since their style doesn't fit what Disney wants. And Colin Trevorrow was going to be IX which would have been good, but now it's crappy abrams finishing it up.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.