Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 919212223242527 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars: Episode VIII (2017)

1. I liked it, but it has some gaping holes in it that I can't really process without rolling my eyes.

Ie... Kylo killing the Supreme Leader (who, "saw" that Kylo was completely turned to the darkside but failed to pick up that he was going to stab him) and then Kylo and Ren killing a dozen plus guards that were there to protect the Supreme Leader and subsequently explains that Ren killed Snopes. Okay, then what the fuck were Kylo and the 12+ guards doing? They all died fighting Ren and he survived? Come on.

Super Girl Leia was dumb. Astral projection Luke was... interesting. And, yeah, brienne of tarth was a complete waste of what could've been a great villian.

Kylo and Ren not teaming up doesn't really bother me because a.) I like the deviousness of him assassinating Snopes and b.) who are they teaming up against? No other massive enemy was introduced.

All in all, I still like this better than I-III but not as much as TFA or Rogue.

2. We have these for a reason.

3. After being on complete blackout for this up until its release, when everyone started crying about it I decided Idgaf.
    While anyone not wanting spoilers should probably stay out of the thread anyway. If we had more than 3 members posting I’d make a spoiler free movie thread so people could post/read impressions worry free.

4. It's been out for 2+ weeks. I think the spoiler free period is expired.

5. That's debatable. What would you say is a reasonable period of time before spoilers are not necessary? Do you think they are necessary in the first place in a thread devoted to a particular film? It's easy enough to avoid the thread after all.

6. I took a class one time where the professor was super conscientious about not spoiling or allowing anyone else to spoil Great Expectations. I thought it was silly, but really appreciated it when I got to those highly spoilable plot points.

So... 200 years give or take?

7. Its two weeks after release. If you didn’t want spoiler talk, what were you expecting to see in this thread? We already did the non-spoiler impressions the first weekend.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

8. Also, I prefer spoiler tags because Tapatalk shows text previews from the thread list.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

9. Still the best Star Wars movie:
    Last edited by Dolemite; 29 Dec 2017 at 12:58 PM.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

10. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    That's debatable. What would you say is a reasonable period of time before spoilers are not necessary? Do you think they are necessary in the first place in a thread devoted to a particular film? It's easy enough to avoid the thread after all.
    The burden is on you to avoid spoilers. Especially two+ weeks after release, in a thread entitled "Star Wars: Episode VIII".
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood