Page 1 of 28 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars: Episode VIII (2017)

Star Wars: Episode VIII (2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Variety
    Disney and Lucasfilm have announced details of the upcoming “Stars Wars” films at its annual shareholders meeting in San Francisco.

Rian Johnson has also been confirmed to write and direct “Star Wars: Episode VIII,” which will hit theaters May 26, 2017.

Gareth Edwards’ upcoming standalone film, starring Felicity Jones, will be called “Rogue One.” The movie starts filming in London this summer and opens Dec. 16, 2016.

“Rogue One,” based on an idea by Oscar-winning vfx supervisor John Knoll, was written by “Cinderella” scribe Chris Weitz.

Kathleen Kennedy will produce the standalone film alongside Knoll, Tony To and John Schwartz.

Plot details of “Rogue One” are unknown.

Edwards’ spinoff movie is one of two known “Star Wars” spinoffs in the works at Lucasfilm and Disney. Director Josh Trank (“Chronicle”) is developing another top secret feature.

It’s unclear how both spinoff features will play into the upcoming seventh chapter “Star Wars: The Force Awakens,” if at all. Speculation has Edwards’ and Trank’s movies focusing on the early days of original characters Princess Leia and Han Solo.

The J.J. Abrams-directed “Force Awakens,” which opens Dec. 18, features original cast members Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher as well as newcomers like John Boyega and Adam Driver. It will take place 30 years after 1983’s “Return of the Jedi.”

Disney is banking heavily on the “Star Wars” franchise after acquiring Lucasfilm in 2012 for $4 billion. The studio is also planning “Star Wars”-themed attractions at Disney parks across the globe.
    Link

Yes, there are two identical threads for now, but they'll diverge as the movies approach release.

2. Rad.

Totally.

4. Stoked!
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

5. They just showed off the second teaser trailer and some other stuff at the Star Wars celebration that is taking place all weekend.
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

6. I'm not a devious man by nature... but when you're unarmed, your tactics might gonna be downright Archimedean.

7. Said it on facebook, I'll say it on here. I'm ready to be excited for Star Wars again.

8. My body is ready.
    I'm not a devious man by nature... but when you're unarmed, your tactics might gonna be downright Archimedean.

9. Wow this looks pretty good.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

Thread fail. That's Episode VII's trailer. Fix it, Charles. It's your Disney destiny.