Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ... 578910111323 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars: Episode VIII (2017)

My idea after TFA was that Kylo attempts to redeem hiself while Rey turns dark side, and I think that would be interesting to see, and would make sense in the metanarrative of putting the original trilogy to bed. Kylo looks like he's hunting Leia in this one...does he have a change of heart?
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

2. Quote Originally Posted by AstroBlue View Post
    They surely can do better than angsty teen in one scene to mass murderer of children in the next.
    Didn't Kylo do this offscreen in 7?
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

3. Quote Originally Posted by cka View Post
    so this movie might be like the prequels? a ham-fisted slide into evil by the protagonist?
    That's what the trailer is suggesting to stir us up, but I think it's just a marketing magic trick. Look at the background and lighting in the Rey shot vs the Kylo shot - I think they're from two different scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

4. Disney would never have the balls to make Rey evil. Based on TFA, the subsequent sequels will take the safest, most predictable path possible.
    Last edited by Dolemite; 10 Oct 2017 at 01:00 PM.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

5. Big studio movies are especially loathe to take "risks" like that.

In an ideal story world:
    - Whether Kylo Ren has a redemption or not doesn't matter as much as the circumstances surrounding redemption/denial of it.
    - Rey isn't related to any of the existing characters, and her link to the Whills causes people who don't know better to assume she's a Sith.
    - Finn does not recover from his injury fully and this permanently & negatively affects his outlook on life, perhaps turning him into a separate threat.
    - Captain Phasma remains loyal to the New Order - to the death.
    - Poe IS related to existing characters but does not remain loyal to the rebel cause or whatever.

What we'll get:
    - Kylo will have a cheesy redemption that has the appearance of Vader vs. Emperor, but none of the heart.
    - Rey is related to existing characters. She will be misunderstood as a Sith but will "come around" to the Jedi side.
    - Finn recovers from his injury fully and is more dedicated to the rebel cause now.
    - Captain Phasma will betray the New Order - to the death.
    - Poe may or may not be related to existing characters but will remain loyal.

I'm still undecided how they're going to pull off Snoke and I haven't seen enough of him to have an "ideal" thought for his arc.

6. Snoke is Jar Jar.

Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

7. Oh I didn't know we were listing off "perfection" hopes.

8. I believe the new Marvel comics are official Cannon and if so we already know Poe's parentage. Just two rebel pilots.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

9. So, The Force Awakens was a lazy remake of A New Hope. And now in this new Last Jedi trailer, we have AT-ATs, a snow planet, and a new pupil being trained on a distant planet by a legendary hermit/Jedi master. Hmm.

10. This just keeps looking better and better!!!