Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 11212324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars: Episode VIII (2017)

1. Yes, and that's under ideal circumstances. Realistically I would have to walk about 25 minutes to the bus stop, and then take a 40 minute bus ride. Depending on the show times, I might get there up to half an hour before the movie starts, and may need to wait up to a half hour after it ends to catch the bus home.
    Or I could spend $30 on a cab each way and make it a 20 minute trip, but fuck that noise.
    Last edited by kedawa; 31 Dec 2017 at 12:47 AM.

2. Ah, when I said that I was picturing a shack out in the country and wondering if you were still on dialup for lack of other options. :P Sounds like the actual problem is you're stuck using public transit in a city designed around car ownership, which if so is probably causing you much bigger headaches than just missing out on movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

3. Pretty much. I've been walking home from work, which takes about 80 minutes, because of how unreliable the buses have been lately.

4. Why were R2D2 and Chewbacca totally willing to leave Luke, their friend for 4 decades, stranded on the island because a girl they met like a week ago wanted to go?
    Last edited by Anthony; 02 Jan 2018 at 05:40 AM.
    Check out Mr. Businessman
    He bought some wild, wild life
    On the way to the stock exchange
    He got some wild, wild life

5. Quote Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
    Why were R2D2 and Chewbacca totally willing to leave Luke, their friend for 4 decades, stranded on the island because a girl they met like a week ago wanted to go?
    Because he was a weak-willed coward.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

6. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    I took a class one time where the professor was super conscientious about not spoiling or allowing anyone else to spoil Great Expectations. I thought it was silly, but really appreciated it when I got to those highly spoilable plot points.

So... 200 years give or take?
    Magwitch is Pip’s benefactor! Haha, ruined Dickens for you guys, yes!

I would say for movies, it should be minimum of until it’s no longer screening.
    Quick zephyrs blow, vexing daft Jim.

7. I just don't see what the point is in being part of the discussion after the movie's out and been seen by people. What are you looking for? You want to talk about the box office, or general reaction?
    If you want to talk about the movie you just saw, you want to talk about the content. All content is spoiler territory.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

8. I go into these threads to see how you guys feel about the movies, because generally it is a better barometer for me than random online scores. Also ARBM is pretty much my modern day Ebert.
    Check out Mr. Businessman
    He bought some wild, wild life
    On the way to the stock exchange
    He got some wild, wild life

9. Two week courtesy seems fine. It’s not enforced so it’s really just a courtesy. Enter at your own risk.

10. I already kinda don't care about any of this anymore. It was an alright experience for as long as I was in the theater, but I haven't really thought about it positively or negatively at all since a day or two after. Kind of want to cook a puffin, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!