Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 911121314151727 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars: Episode VIII (2017)

1. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    Yeah, I think you guys are giving these directors more or less credit than they deserve when it comes to these movies. Disney isn't hiring them for their creative prowess. They're hired to follow orders.
    I just want a little light to get in around the edges.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

2. Quote Originally Posted by Calliander View Post
    Killing both of your parents, though, wow. Snoke's gonna have to do something drastically terrible so that there's enough juice for Ben to flip. Maybe he can't do it and someone else is like, "Stealing your thunder, bro!"
    I don't know. The enormity of having been twisted up and convinced to murder your parents might be enough motivation/guilt to drive Kylo to hate Snoke after snapping out of it.

Yeah, I think you guys are giving these directors more or less credit than they deserve when it comes to these movies. Disney isn't hiring them for their creative prowess. They're hired to follow orders.
    More for being able to execute well on a vision. But they're one voice in a chorus as far as creative direction goes.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 12 Oct 2017 at 12:35 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

3. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    JJ Abrams doesn't operate that way.

http://nypost.com/2017/09/12/jj-abra...ar-wars-movie/

Abrams will also co-write the movie, according to the website.

4. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    Brick by the same director fuckin' ruled, so I have hopes.
    This.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I don't know. The enormity of having been twisted up and convinced to murder your parents might be enough motivation/guilt to drive Kylo to hate Snoke after snapping out of it.
    I could believe this. Maybe have him show signs of being conflicted during the later part of TLJ before ditching Snoke. OTOH, they better not have Rey turn evil like Anakin did.

I think Gamevet is on point.

All the kids turn out alright and every major character wins except stupid Snoke who everyone loves to hate.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

7. I approve of Evil Rey. Have her do something interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

8. Quote Originally Posted by gameoverDude View Post
    I could believe this. Maybe have him show signs of being conflicted during the later part of TLJ before ditching Snoke. OTOH, they better not have Rey turn evil like Anakin did.
    she grew up on Not Tattooine so maybe she hates sand and that's the catalyst

9. Not smooth like Snoke's foreskin.

10. Quote Originally Posted by cka View Post
    she grew up on Not Tattooine so maybe she hates sand and that's the catalyst
    That shit does get everywhere.