Page 44 of 223 FirstFirst ... 304042434445464858 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo Switch / Nintendo Switch Lite (Official Thread)

2. Ah, those farty SNES horns.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

3. A company I used to like but that's moved slowly, year in and year out, away from anything I care about has a new console coming out in 2017. Eh. I want to care, but what can you do? Nintendo 2016 isn't Nintendo 2010, so good luck to them, I guess.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    That is what leaves me scratching my head concerning the new hardware. I doubt third parties are going to go out of their way to develop for it, and Nintendo themselves only seem able to make 3 or 4 games a year.
    If it took them 3 years to get a decent library on the WiiU, what's going to be different with the NX?
    That's part of the point of their unified development. They're trying to make it so teams can just create games and then decide into development if it'll be a handheld title or a console title. Which with the right development tools, and process can be do able. So instead of having 4 handheld teams and 4 console teams they would just have 8 teams. Emily Rogers who has been right with a ton of predictions over the last couple of years is claiming the NX's first year library is going to shit all over the Wii U's like first 2 - 3 years. Take that with how ever many grains of salt you'd like.

They could possibly get 3rd parties back if they can make it insanely cheap to port too. If they can make it cost next to nothing to port a PS4/Xbox1 multiplatform title then there's no reason to not support the NX. That's going to come down to hardware and development tools though. They just need to make the porting cost low enough that even if a title sells 40k copies it can make a profit. That's been something they've had a hard time with in the past, since they're hardware was always so different. Rumors now put them at using similar or very close parts, so that should hopefully change things.

Obviously this is all possibilities and rumors, so we'll see come March of next year. Well really they'll probably do an NX dedicated Nintendo direct in September which would be around 6 months before it launches.

I'm willing to bet that a lot of unofficially announced Wii U games (like Pikmin 4, which was supposedly almost done) have probably been pushed to NX to boost the launch.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

5. Was the WiiU not easy to port to? Could have sworn I read that is was, many times, leading up to its release.

6. I think the low poly 3DS style is the only thing keeping third parties on that system. Easy to develop, quick turnaround, good profit. Same with Wii and DS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

7. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    Was the WiiU not easy to port to? Could have sworn I read that is was, many times, leading up to its release.
    It was and it wasn't. Supposedly it could be easy to move over PS360 games, but the dev tools weren't all there from the start. It also didn't match the PS4 or XB1, so once most devs went there, it became too much work to downport to the Wii U. The problem with the Wii U tended to be the CPU, supposedly the new box will be going with an X86 cpu similar to the PS4, and XB1.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

8. The Wii U GPU is quite a bit more powerful than the PS3/360 ones, but the CPU is a dog.

9. so like Snes?

10. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    It's a wash; I've got the nostalgia for the SNES version but access to the PS2 port.

Fuck HD Remix forever, though.
    Special Champion Edition fo' life, yo.