Page 61 of 223 FirstFirst ... 475759606162636575 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo Switch / Nintendo Switch Lite (Official Thread)

1. Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    I wonder if they will charge the standard $60 for a Cartridge games that are 50Gigs. Anyone remember when the 64 came out and that shit was anywhere form $60-$80?
    They sold carts for $50. When CDs came out, they said you'll get the same game for $25 or a much better game for $50. We just got the same game for the same price.

Now with discs, you can get a disc for $60 (and resell it later) or download it for $60.

They charge what the market will bear. The cartridge's cost is negligible.
    No gnus is good gnus.

2. I'm very happy with a hybrid Nintendo system. Maybe Nintendo can compete now, and have some third party support, while releasing a system with last-gen specs.

3. Each cart will be 128kb, you download the rest of the game on your 32gig hdd.

4. Quote Originally Posted by RoleTroll View Post
    They sold carts for $50. When CDs came out, they said you'll get the same game for $25 or a much better game for $50. We just got the same game for the same price.
    NES games were $30-60, SNES/Genesis were generally around $50-70 with a few outliers at $80+, and N64 titles near launch were $60-75. Without getting into inflation, PS1/Saturn games were cheaper and consistently so compared to most systems past the 8-bit generation.

5. My Sega CD practically payed for itself since the games were so much cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus View Post
    NES games were $30-60, SNES/Genesis were generally around $50-70 with a few outliers at $80+, and N64 titles near launch were $60-75. Without getting into inflation, PS1/Saturn games were cheaper and consistently so compared to most systems past the 8-bit generation.
    The best time was when the Dreamcast was new and all the games were $39.99. Given inflation, it was probably the cheapest of any new, current system that we ever got.

7. Sounds like it may be the king of handhelds, but a weak console. The 32 GB cartridges are jack shit, compared to 50 GB Blu-Rays. Some PC/PS4/XBOne games could end up going under the knife to fit on an NX cart.
    Hopefully Nintendo will go with Pascal X2.

8. Quote Originally Posted by gameoverDude View Post
    Sounds like it may be the king of handhelds, but a weak console. The 32 GB cartridges are jack shit, compared to 50 GB Blu-Rays. Some PC/PS4/XBOne games could end up going under the knife to fit on an NX cart.
    I'm guessing the cart only contains the assets for the "low settings" portable version of the game, and you'll have to download a "high settings" asset pack to the TV docking station's hdd. (If so though... imagine what a disaster that'll be when big games like Breath of the Wild launch.)

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

9. 50GB is overkill anyway. Anything that big is either full of uncompressed audio in multiple languages, or is just padded with filler.
    Having something 64% as big with much faster random access is more than adequate.

Quote Originally Posted by Space Pirate Roberts View Post
    I'm guessing the cart only contains the assets for the "low settings" portable version of the game, and you'll have to download a "high settings" asset pack to the TV docking station's hdd. (If so though... imagine what a disaster that'll be when big games like Breath of the Wild launch.)
    It's ok for John and you to give up on the multiple versions dream.