Page 54 of 223 FirstFirst ... 405052535455565868 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo Switch / Nintendo Switch Lite (Official Thread)

1. Quote Originally Posted by Shin Johnpv View Post
    So what don't you get here then. If you understand the basics then you understand how much more efficient it is to make assets at a high resolution and cut them down for the target platform. Seriously in this day and age of game development it's what everyone outside of mobile and some Japanese devs are doing.
    There wasn't anything I didn't get, I didn't refute that particular point. I don't recall the first batch of 3D games but I know that's been the standard since at least the late 90s.

2. Even if the graphics are scalable, everything else like physics, AI, etc. has to target the LCD.

3. this is the point where sit in my rocking chair and smoke my pipe and tell my grandkids who're all about the fissics and aye-eyes that i'm gettin too old for vidyagames.
    Donk

4. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    Even if the graphics are scalable, everything else like physics, AI, etc. has to target the LCD.
    No it doesn't. That shit is scalable too.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

5. Yea but at what point are you playing a different game?

Maybe you're right but I just don't see myself playing the NX version of Breath of the Wild on the subway next year.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    I am saying that if there is a massive discrepancy between what your NX handheld and your NX console can get, it's not going to be a good product.

The console and handheld versions have to look relatively the same.

And we're in a world where portable devices often have higher resolutions than TVs, so Nintendo can't even necessarily lean on lower res to help them out.
    Why is it not going to be a good product if there is a big discrepancy between the HH and Console? Is any PC game not a good product because it runs less on lesser hardware? You can make shit look relatively similar with way different specs. Again this shit is done every single day.

Yeah there are a lot of tablets and phones with some high resolutions, are you honestly expecting a 4k or higher than 1080p screen on the next Nintendo, or Sony handheld?
    Where I play
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Shin Johnpv View Post
    Why is it not going to be a good product if there is a big discrepancy between the HH and Console? Is any PC game not a good product because it runs less on lesser hardware? You can make shit look relatively similar with way different specs. Again this shit is done every single day.

Yeah there are a lot of tablets and phones with some high resolutions, are you honestly expecting a 4k or higher than 1080p screen on the next Nintendo, or Sony handheld?
    If I buy Skyrim and the console version looks like the PS4 version and the handheld version looks like the Xbox port of Morrowind that is a big problem. If I am buying into a system with the idea that I play the SAME games at home or on the go they need to be the same. The cuts have to be relatively small or there is no goddamn point.

I'm not expecting a 4K screen from Nintendo. But yea I would kind of expect at least 1080p, and we can see what type of horsepower you need to churn out good looking games these days at 1080p.

8. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    You'd have to ignore the fact that the new Zelda game seems to have scrapped any notion of two-screen gameplay.
    Did it? The Sheika Stone is literally a Wii U game pad. That looks like as good an indicator as any that NX will support a similar setup, if only for backward compatibility.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

9. Quote Originally Posted by Dunlap View Post
    if only for backward compatibility.
    This is by far the biggest piece of information I am wanting to know. My fiance really wants a Wii U for a handful of games, and I would love Mario Maker, but I just don't know if I can justify $200 for a used 8GB Wii, especially with the NX coming out in less than a year.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    If I buy Skyrim and the console version looks like the PS4 version and the handheld version looks like the Xbox port of Morrowind that is a big problem. If I am buying into a system with the idea that I play the SAME games at home or on the go they need to be the same. The cuts have to be relatively small or there is no goddamn point.

I'm not expecting a 4K screen from Nintendo. But yea I would kind of expect at least 1080p, and we can see what type of horsepower you need to churn out good looking games these days at 1080p.
    Maybe the handheld version isn't for you then. I'm not going to claim that there is a large market of people who it would be for as I don't have any research on that obviously. Though I do think it might work for some people. I mean shit look at how well selling Smash Bros on 3DS and Wii U has worked out for them.

I really don't think it'll be a 1080p screen. My guess would be 720p at max. Even 540p would be a significant step up from the 3DS.
    Where I play