Page 126 of 223 FirstFirst ... 112122124125126127128130140 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,260 of 2224

Thread: Nintendo Switch / Nintendo Switch Lite (Official Thread)

1. I think that's generally how games were made during 16-bit.

2. I'm sure many of them did. I chose the ones that had more interesting development stories, so that's why it seems like they were all against the clock.

3. I've a greater respect for Star War Arcade now that I know how little time they had to do it and the hardware wasnt even finalised while they made it. It was pretty amusing to read someone describe the 32X hardware as "elegant." Makes me wish it lasted long enough to have a real second or third generation of releases.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    Hey Melf, did any genesis game ever have a realistic development schedule? Seems like every game you wrote about is "it's Christmas in 4 months, make this game in 3!"
    Time Warner told Atari programmers that a game was due in 4 weeks, and they had to make it in 3. Hello ET!

5. Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    Langrisser I and II's music was composed by Noriyuki Iwadare, the same man who scored the Lunar games, Grandia, and Rogue Galaxy.
    fixed. The sequel's music is every bit as awesome as the first and is from the same composer.
    Last edited by Brianvgplayer; 21 Jan 2017 at 02:27 PM.

6. Little copy and paste from my facebook.

Just got back from the Switch event in DC with Korly. I got to get hands on with just about every title EXCEPT Zelda, we needed a ticket for that, whoops.
    We started out with Splatoon 2, the good news, it's splatoon! The bad news, the demo was stuck on gyro controls. It was also too loud to hear the soundtrack, but I'm hoping it'll be as rad as the first.

Next up was Sonic Mania, we played Green Hill and Studiopolis Zone. This is the real Sonic 4, everything about it looked, felt and sounded like a 16-Bit Sonic should. Really looking forward to this.

After that, Fast RMX, which I thoroughly demolished Korly in. I really enjoyed this, looks great, good sense of speed. A+++ would recommend to a friend.

There was nobody at Street Fighter 2 Final Challengers so we took it for a spin. It's Street Fighter 2. More on this later.

We walked around some more, got some pictures with some of the props and then ended up at ARMS. I really enjoyed this the Virtual On comparisons are pretty fair. It's not a system seller, but I'd certainly have it if I were getting a Switch.

They announced a SF2FC tournament, so Korly and I went back to play for a few minutes. The guy running the booth saw the two of us playing and called us his "Assassins" and that he'd make sure we got up on the stage when it was time because we'd put on a good show.

Went over to try Super Bomberman R. Korly didn't like it. I thought it was ok, it felt like Super Bomberman on SNES, but there was a little bit of lag to it, and that's no good. The stages are VERY MUCH the battle stages from Super Bomberman 1-5. I'd pay $20 for it.

PuyoPuyo Tetris is PPT. I didn't play it because we already have it, but it looks nice.

Has Been Heroes was next, this game is pretty interesting and I don't envy whoever has to sell this game to the public.
    At first glance it's a lane game ala Plants Vs Zombies, but then it's a roguelike because you start with random spells, and it's one life. There is so much more to it, but nothing that makes it seem like it'll only be on Switch. I'd certainly play it on XB1 or PS4.

Finally, we ended our night with 1,2, Switch. This was a lot of fun, even though the ads for it make it look ridiculous. Korly got the draw on me, but I was able to correctly identify the balls. We didn't get to milk cows. Womp womp.

The event didn't change my mind, I haven't preordered one, and don't plan on it, but eventually when Mario and Splatoon are out it'll certainly be on my radar.

7. It's a little weird that Nintendo is going so hog wild with Superbowl commercials, big events like this and billboards when you literally can't even pre-order them anymore right?

Like I get that one day they'll be everywhere and it's just the first batch that's sold out and blah blah, but I've never seen such an aggressive advertising machine for something I literally can't buy because there isn't any. Imagine if you went to the store and they were like "we know you saw shit for it everywhere, but Bud Light is sold out for at least the next two months, sorry bro".

Also events for consoles are so weird in the first place. Especially like you Chux, you went to an event, for a video game machine , that you aren't even really interested in? Did you have to pay for it?
    Last edited by Opaque; 12 Feb 2017 at 11:51 AM.

8. That's Nintendo's MO, create demand and don't fill it.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post

Also events for consoles are so weird in the first place. Especially like you Chux, you went to an event, for a video game machine , that you aren't even really interested in? Did you have to pay for it?
    It was an opportunity to get away from the beard and enjoy some quality time with his true love.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    It's a little weird that Nintendo is going so hog wild with Superbowl commercials, big events like this and billboards when you literally can't even pre-order them anymore right?
    Airing literally one commercial qualifies as "hog wild?" Fucking party animal over here.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.