Page 12 of 223 FirstFirst ... 810111213141626 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo Switch / Nintendo Switch Lite (Official Thread)

1. C'mon Finch, it's a fairly well established cycle. We bitch about how awful and dumb and gimmicky Nintendo hardware is and then buy it 5 minutes later. Then continue to bitch about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    Gamepad is awesome. Wii U is awesome.
    Nintendo's marketing was a dud. They confused the hell out of everyone originally by making it seem like the tablet was a Wii add on and never recovered.
    I just now found out it wasn't.

Could someone please rename the thread to "Nintendo NX (Name not Final) and My Nintendo"?

Quote Originally Posted by Eurogamer

Nintendo has announced its new customer reward program, named My Nintendo, which will allow users to earn points as they play games.

My Nintendo is the replacement service for Club Nintendo, the company's previous reward scheme which closed its doors in September.

You'll still be able to earn points by purchasing software or add-ons, too.

Nintendo revealed the first details of its upcoming service during an investor briefing today. There was no word on how points will be earned in-game, although a couple of possibilities spring to mind.

If Nintendo finally implemented an in-game achievement-like system it could award users points for completing certain actions. Or Nintendo could stick with its game-by-game approach and just unlock lumps of points when reaching certain sections of the game.

Rewards will include free add-on content such as new costumes for your characters, along with physical items and vouchers for eShop credit.

Nintendo is emphasising that the scheme will be as easy to sign up for as possible - via a Facebook, Twitter or Google account, with a simple e-mail and password, or with your existing Nintendo Network ID.

The web-based version of My Nintendo site will let you purchase software and check player info and take a look at your points stats.

In the future, Nintendo will use its account system to provide cloud saves for your console and mobile games.

And it has even bigger plans to provide rewards when you check in to the service at theme parks, cinemas and in stores.

I have no idea about this site, but based on supply chain demands, it appears Nintendo will ship 10-12 million units of the NX in 2016.

edit: It looks like it could actually be released during or right after E3.
    Last edited by Yoshi; 30 Nov 2015 at 12:52 PM.

5. They've kept a lid on this thing surprisingly well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

6. This is not going to end well.
    Quick zephyrs blow, vexing daft Jim.

7. They don't need to make that many.

8. garbage

9. The 3DS/New 3DS changeover was kind of a flop, partially due to the 3DS getting traction late in life. Same thing is happening with the Wii U. Curious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

10. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    The 3DS/New 3DS changeover was kind of a flop, partially due to the 3DS getting traction late in life. Same thing is happening with the Wii U. Curious.
    I was just posting this. The Wii U is finally starting to sell. They just need to price it $250 or $199 with a free game. They REALLY should of named it something else though. Wii U is still confusing the fuck out of the "casuals" that look at it.
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle