Page 187 of 223 FirstFirst ... 173183185186187188189191201 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,870 of 2224

Thread: Nintendo Switch / Nintendo Switch Lite (Official Thread)

1. KoF '98 is a good, honest game, but what are you really gonna do with it by yourself on a Switch? There's no story mode, graphics are kinda meh, and the engine doesn't much lend itself to monkeying around in training mode.

Garou is a little sloppy, but it's a much more fun game to look at and tool around with in single player.

2. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    Garou is a little sloppy
    You're dead to me.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

3. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    KoF '98 is a good, honest game, but what are you really gonna do with it by yourself on a Switch? There's no story mode, graphics are kinda meh, and the engine doesn't much lend itself to monkeying around in training mode.
    I would never buy a fighting game to play it for single player "content", so I've no clue.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

4. Apparently the Splatfest is running from 6pm to 10pm tomorrow night, you know the time when people tend to go out and not be at home playing vidya. Thanks Obama.

Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    You're dead to me.
    He's been so wrong lately, he may need an intervention.

6. Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    What Yoshi said, Garou, KOF98, then SS4. World Heroes Perfect is a fun but not serious, and stay away from Fatal Fury.
    Goto hell. Fatal Fury Special for life!
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

7. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    You're dead to me.
    Feint cancelling is just a goofy, goopy, goof troop mechanic. It's fun, but if you're gonna tell me (crouching C -> feint) x 4 to guard break someone, then doing four more feint cancelled low C's into a super isn't a big, wet, sloppy Joe of a six second fighting game sandwich, then you're in denial about your own predilection for sloppiness. Just embrace it. You love the slop. It's fine. I'm not slop shaming you.

That stuff is, incidentally, what makes Garou a better training mode game than KoF '98.

Quote Originally Posted by mollipen View Post
    I would never buy a fighting game to play it for single player "content", so I've no clue.
    Same, but if someone is asking for a Neo Geo fighting recommendation for the Switch of all platforms, I have to presume theirs is going to be a primarily single player experience.
    Last edited by A Robot Bit Me; 15 Jul 2017 at 07:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    Feint cancelling is just a goofy, goopy, goof troop mechanic.
    So is air blocking. Get off my lawn.

9. Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    Goto hell. Fatal Fury Special for life!
    I am talking about the first one. FFS is ok, but I don't need to play regular FFs after Real Bouts.

I still like running through FF1 once in a while. FF2 is utterly meaningless with FFS around. The Real Bouts are probably the most fun all around.