Page 194 of 223 FirstFirst ... 180190192193194195196198208 ... LastLast
Results 1,931 to 1,940 of 2224

Thread: Nintendo Switch / Nintendo Switch Lite (Official Thread)

1. As long as it keeps selling that shouldn't be a problem.

We haven't heard anything about attach rate but my guess it is insane. People love this damn system.

2. Nintendo fans have a lot of pent up demand for games, I suppose.

3. Octopath Traveler demo is fun - and it's great that they're using it as player-feedback opportunity like they did with Bravely Default.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

4. OT looks great, I am tempted.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    As long as it keeps selling that shouldn't be a problem.

We haven't heard anything about attach rate but my guess it is insane. People love this damn system.
    I've seen attach numbers for first party stuff. Mario Kart and Zelda are like 80%. Wonder Boy devs said the Switch version sold more than all other versions combined. Granted early in a console's life when there's not enough content you see games get a bump, but even still it's very very high.

Wolfenstein II is a super interesting development, because it's a current gen AAA game released fairly close to the original launch. If Switch can manage numbers strong enough to court these sorts of ports, it'll deliver on Nintnedo's promise of a home console on the go in a very real way. Obviously I don't expect that port to be really competitive with the others but if it's even decent that's really pretty exciting.

And yeah, I really love this thing. It's really Nintendo's most "adult" system ever -- something that lets you fit grown up games in the gaps in your busy life, so you can play how you want when you want. It doesn't feel like a good "kid" portable so in some ways I understand why they're keeping the 3DS going for now, but it's absolutely perfect for what I need it to do.
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 14 Sep 2017 at 09:56 AM.

I don't expect those AAA ports to really compete as you said, but who knows if I really love a game I might just buy a game twice so I can have it portable. I fully intend to buy Switch Doom as long a it's priced reasonably.

7. It'll be $60. You know this.

Yes, but I can hope. I'll wait for a sale unless I'm really thirsty for a game when it releases. Or they include OG Doom 1 and 2, which I would give all the moneys to play on Switch.

9. That would be nice but I doubt they would include any extra when they can just charge you for it on eshop.

10. Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    I don't expect those AAA ports to really compete as you said, but who knows if I really love a game I might just buy a game twice so I can have it portable. I fully intend to buy Switch Doom as long a it's priced reasonably.
    Could be more competitive than most expect though.

Click for full size

Obviously Switch isn't going to be able to compete on resolution, framerate or texture detail, but it might be close enough to where including it in multi-platform development isn't a higher liability, and where those games could feel pretty feature-complete.