Page 21 of 223 FirstFirst ... 71719202122232535 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo Switch / Nintendo Switch Lite (Official Thread)

1. Quote Originally Posted by Shin Johnpv View Post
    Except Smash usually outsells both of those series (well definitely F-Zero). I too would prefer something like that but you'd be an idiot not to understand why they're doing this. Launching a new platform with one of the largest and best selling game series they have.
    Yeah, I definitely understand why they'd want to do that...it would be a very smart move from a business standpoint. Unless the Smash series evolves it's fighting mechanics, or adds some sort of story mode, I think I'll pass on the next entry.

2. I said before, they'll have it at launch and it'll work like Killer Instinct on Xbox One - the game itself is free (probably even pre-installed on the system) but with only a small selection of characters and stages, you buy more, and they keep adding new content every few months for the whole generation. If they're feeling really generous they could give the full suite of launch content (which I would assume would basically mean the entire 3DS/WiiU version) to everybody who registered either version on Club Nintendo, or even every Wii U owner as a "3DS ambassador" style apology for dropping the Wii U so soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

3. It still seems very odd to me that Killer Instinct is a Microsoft thing rather than a Nintendo thing these days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

Quote Originally Posted by Space Pirate Roberts View Post
    a "3DS ambassador" style apology for dropping the Wii U so soon.
    So soon? The console is 2017. The Wii U will be between four and five years old.

5. It's been said before, but it feels early because it (and the other consoles) just got going.

There probably won't be a reason to buy NX for a couple years, either. If you think about it that way, it's still a ways off.

I buy that for the other consoles, which came out in 2013 and didn't have much for a year, but the Wii U came out in 2012 and had several good games by the end of 2014.

7. I don't know. I just feel like it's Sega throwing endless systems into the marketplace all over again.

8. I wonder what will be the spiritual successor to the Pico.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

9. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi
    I buy that for the other consoles, which came out in 2013 and didn't have much for a year, but the Wii U came out in 2012 and had several good games by the end of 2014.
    They all still have pretty sad libraries overall in comparison to previous generations. The Wii U does have the best exclusive library of the three but I also feel like I've exhausted it with the five or so games I own for it. We need more released games right now, not better tech. If anything we're continuing to suffer the effects of rising budgets and developers need more time to catch up and not more things to learn and pay for, which is part of why we got stuff like Xenoblade Chronicles at all in the first place.

Yeah, Nintendo may not turn into some third party fantasy land, but I don't see how this is really going to help them much regardless. I thinking breathing room will help more than "NEW! NOW WITH ANOTHER CROSS-GEN ZELDA AND NOT MUCH ELSE!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name
    I don't know. I just feel like it's Sega throwing endless systems into the marketplace all over again.
    Same.

I don't know. I just feel like it's Sega throwing endless systems into the marketplace all over again.
    I think part of that feeling may be all the damn 3DS versions. It does seem like Nintendo is releasing new hardware all the time, and I might be pissed if I had bought a New 3DS or XL, because those will be really short lived.

edit: I never had a DSi or DSi XL, but the latter launched in March 2010 with the 3DS coming in March 2011, so that was even worse.
    Last edited by Yoshi; 29 Jan 2016 at 01:38 PM.