Page 2 of 223 FirstFirst 1234616 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo Switch / Nintendo Switch Lite (Official Thread)

1. I loved the DS and I had high hopes for the Wii. The potential for all of the classic games from so many classic systems seemed like a dream come true. Too bad they only want to release the same twelve games over and over.

2. I haven't bought Nintendo hardware since the Gamecube and GBA SP. They've been so out of touch with the market for such a long time; I'm surprised it has taken this long to blow up in their face.
    Too bad because it was only better afterwards. I maintain that N64 was the bottom of Nintendo and it's been a climb since.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    I find this announcement much more intriguing than most because of the speculation that it allows from its vagueness. I'm especially enjoying the pondering from Eurogamer regarding what this means for the Wii U, which ties back to Digital Foundry's earlier speculation about what is now the NX, and gameindustry.biz' more investment-like approach.
    Same. The whole mobile thing took so long to happen that i went from "nnooooo" to "maybe they should" to "this has the potential to be interesting." I think that Wii U debacle aside, the dedicated video game machine business has been profitable enough that they can keep doing that for at least a while longer. We'll see how long that'll be.
    Wii U's failure to attract 3rd party or a wider market probably sent Nintendo making some of the best games they've made ever, so it was a "bad for them, good for us" type of thing. Despite the exchange rate being a major factor behind their recent recovery they've managed to stop bleeding money, which sadly took Sega dumping almost everything. Even Sony had to scramble with the early PS3. I don't know if everything will be okay, but for now it's more okay than it has been for a few years.
    One of the funny parts is that most of this is stuff that's either been hinted at or said before with "We want to make apps for smart phones that'll attract people to our hardware", etc, but it's usually followed by "NO THAT'S NOT WHAT WE MEAN" when it was all but clear that it was what they meant. Those mini-games from Mario 64 DS should be in the plan if they aren't already.
    Donk

3. They managed to make the 3DS XL more uncomfortable than the Game Boy Micro

4. Every portable is more uncomfortable than the micro.

5. I think people are over expecting from this announcement. I think you're going to see more apps then what people would consider Nintendo games. Things to get people familiar with their IPs but not give them the game experience. That's just my opinion. I think its also silly how much people have put into the NX announcement. All they're basically saying is we're working on new hardware, which I guarantee Sony and MS are doing right now also. Difference being Nintendo's unified architecture for home and handheld. I think you're going to see something where both are running the same OS with modifications for the platform. I also think they're going to be running stuff from the same architecture family. IE if the home console is an 8 core AMD cpu clocked at X, the handheld will be a dual or four core version running at say 1/4x - 1/2x. That way a title can easily have its art scaled up or down to go with the platform they're going to release it on. They've talked before about a unified architecture, and enabling teams to just be the Mario team or Zelda team, and not the Handheld vs Home team. They've also talked about software advancements or discoveries needing to be easily moved between platforms, and they've flat out said they're not releasing a hybrid system next. So that's my speculation on the whole thing.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

iOS games priced at $49.99. You heard it here first.

7. pft they're already doing that with game like Kirby and the Rainbow Curse

8. Quote Originally Posted by Shin Johnpv View Post
    I think people are over expecting from this announcement. I think you're going to see more apps then what people would consider Nintendo games. Things to get people familiar with their IPs but not give them the game experience. That's just my opinion. I think its also silly how much people have put into the NX announcement. All they're basically saying is we're working on new hardware, which I guarantee Sony and MS are doing right now also. Difference being Nintendo's unified architecture for home and handheld. I think you're going to see something where both are running the same OS with modifications for the platform. I also think they're going to be running stuff from the same architecture family. IE if the home console is an 8 core AMD cpu clocked at X, the handheld will be a dual or four core version running at say 1/4x - 1/2x. That way a title can easily have its art scaled up or down to go with the platform they're going to release it on. They've talked before about a unified architecture, and enabling teams to just be the Mario team or Zelda team, and not the Handheld vs Home team. They've also talked about software advancements or discoveries needing to be easily moved between platforms, and they've flat out said they're not releasing a hybrid system next. So that's my speculation on the whole thing.
    And I bet they still manage to fudge online implementation.

9. Girly man hands confirmed.

Just the idea of Nintendo's internal teams developing games for non-Nintendo formats is big news even if it's just small low budget games to start with. Other first-parties like Atari, Sega, and Sony would dip in other ponds like computer gaming but for Nintendo, this a major change in philosophy for the company.