Page 3 of 223 FirstFirst 12345717 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo Switch / Nintendo Switch Lite (Official Thread)

1. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    iOS games priced at $49.99. You heard it here first.
    I will definitely take it if there are no micro-transactions.... unfortunately, the true scam are MTs like Pokemon shuffle.

2. Hasn't Apple started supporting a "Pay for it once" type of thing?

I know everyone's always "LOL SQUARE ENIX" but i'd rather they charge $20-30 for a real product instead of Pokocandy Shuffle, where it's free but it's engineered to amp you up into giving it money to get to the next worthless stage. I'm pretty sure it'll be more along the lines of what Shin Johnpv is saying, where it's mostly small stuff like that Yoshi Touch & Go or a Wario Ware thing or those Mario 64 DS minigames, and they've said as much before any of this was ever officially announced. Nintendo likes to do what Nintendoes so no one really knows what'll happen until it does.
    Donk

3. It's going to be Mii Plaza and some shit to sell Amiibos.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Finch View Post
    Hasn't Apple started supporting a "Pay for it once" type of thing?

I know everyone's always "LOL SQUARE ENIX" but i'd rather they charge $20-30 for a real product instead of Pokocandy Shuffle, where it's free but it's engineered to amp you up into giving it money to get to the next worthless stage. I'm pretty sure it'll be more along the lines of what Shin Johnpv is saying, where it's mostly small stuff like that Yoshi Touch & Go or a Wario Ware thing or those Mario 64 DS minigames, and they've said as much before any of this was ever officially announced. Nintendo likes to do what Nintendoes so no one really knows what'll happen until it does.
    A Wario Ware for smartphones could actually be pretty brilliant if they put the effort in.

5. An

Quote Originally Posted by Finch View Post
    Too bad because it was only better afterwards. I maintain that N64 was the bottom of Nintendo and it's been a climb since.
    The N64 had its moments with games like Pilot Wings, Wave Race and Rogue Squadron. The direction they went with the Wii just didn't interest me.

I wanted to get a DS, but opted for the PSP instead.

6. PSP and DS are the best systems

of all time

and Wave Race is the best game

of all time

so it's all okay
    Donk

Iwata "optimistic" region locking will be dropped with NX.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurogamer
    Nintendo is considering an Android-based operating system for its upcoming NX games console.

That's according to a report by Japanese newspaper Nikkei (via Kotaku), which has scooped Nintendo's plans in the past.

The Nikkei report talks of an "operating system loaded with Android" that "would be able to speed up getting all game developers on board".

But the matter is far from certain.

Serkan Toto, boss of Tokyo-based consultancy firm Kantan Games, has clarified via Twitter that the report says Android is being considered as "a possibility" only, something "driven by Nintendo's need to attract third-party devs".

Development time could be cut when working on ports of games from Android tablets and phones, and vice versa - something Nintendo will be keen on, considering its new smartphone plans.

But it would also be a huge departure for Nintendo, which has always designed its own console operating systems in-house.

Many, such as the current Mii-filled Wii U desktop, have a distinctly Nintendo flavour.

It's hard to imagine a Nintendo console built entirely on Android, allowing unfettered access to Chrome, Google Play or other such apps.

But an OS built around Android that offered some support for the platform would help to alleviate Nintendo's continuing problem attracting third parties. The Wii U is just the latest example of Nintendo struggling to maintain strong third-party support. A move to a more universal operating system would certainly ease development, making NX ports cheaper and less of a risk.

It may be some time before we hear anything from Nintendo on NX. The company has said the console will not be at this month's E3 show. 2016, then, may be the year for an official announcement.
    Link

9. Android?

Really? Ugh.

I'm sure they'll customize the hell out of it, even if they do choose it.

I've been saying for years that the future is a dockable tablet-like thing with a controller. I can honestly say that I never thought Nintendo would be the ones to get there first, but that seems plausible now.