Page 4 of 223 FirstFirst ... 23456818 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo Switch / Nintendo Switch Lite (Official Thread)

1. An android based OS doesn't mean it's going to be a dockable tablet like thing. All it means is that they may be basing their OS on Android. The Fire TV, and FireTV Stick are Android based OS' as well. This probably more ties in with how they've said they want 1 OS for both their next Hand held and next home console. So that they can more easily cross develop. Android is a very versatile OS to run on multiple hardware. It probably means they can focus more on what they want the OS to do, and the hardware and spend less time writing a new OS that can do that from scratch.

I would imagine it'll end up looking, and acting like no other Android distribution out there. It's probably smart for them to team with Google. If they're not going to completely write their own OS, they're obviously not going to team with MS, and I'd much rather they team with Google, than Apple.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

2. I was just reading about a mall I used to go to all the time as a kid, how all the big department stores either left or went out of business at the national level, causing the smaller tenants to lose business and soon after leave as well, until the place fell into horrible disrepair and finally got renovated for office space.

It seems sadly appropriate for this story to follow that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

3. what

Quote Originally Posted by Shin Johnpv View Post
    An android based OS doesn't mean it's going to be a dockable tablet like thing.
    Thanks for stating the obvious. Would you like me to similarly define "plausible" for you?

5. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Thanks for stating the obvious. Would you like me to similarly define "plausible" for you?
    Well if its obvious than why make the connection. Its a HUGE fucking stretch. Specially since I'm pretty sure they've talked about the importance of physical buttons. Its like hearing that a local pizzeria may have bought some feta cheese and going welp it looks like they're becoming a Greek restaurant. I suppose its plausible but its a huge stretch.
    Where I play
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Shin Johnpv View Post
    Specially since I'm pretty sure they've talked about the importance of physical buttons.
    Maybe I need to define "controller" instead, since that is exactly what I was talking about. Other than not being able to leave the house, the damn Wii U gamepad is "tablet-like."

I'd say predicting that they are going to continue to support two separate platforms forever is a bigger stretch.

7. I don't think it is considering they've said as such. Iwata has directly said that they will continue to make a handheld and a console, and that they're creating a unified development environment for that. Not much of a stretch when the head of the company directly says that.
    Where I play

You mean like when he said the DS would be a third pillar and wouldn't replace the GBA?

9. And then the DS exploded in sales, shit happens. That's different than saying over and over again you're not producing a hybrid system and will continue to release hand helds and home consoles while producing a hybrid system.
    Where I play

Is it also different than saying over and over that you're not making mobile games until you are? I don't think Iwata has a lot of autonomy anymore, which limits the value of anything he says.