Page 8 of 223 FirstFirst ... 46789101222 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo Switch / Nintendo Switch Lite (Official Thread)

1. I mean, I guess that checks out. O___O
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

2. I bet Lynx Day was not a happy one in the kedawa household.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

3. Quote Originally Posted by Finch View Post
    You don't even have to turn it on, just press the TV button. It's great because it's the most giant remote and it's the only one that never gets lost.
    Yes! It's great.

I was being a little sarcastic about the Wii U's main function being to control other systems, but it's honestly a great little bonus feature that I wasn't expecting when I bought it.

4. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    I bet Lynx Day was not a happy one in the kedawa household.
    I actually had one of those, but it was the second model. A friend got one from his grandmother, who won it at a raffle or something, and he hated it so much that he traded it to me for a couple of Genesis games. It was okay compared to the GG, but the only game I ever had for it was Electrocop.

5. The Wii remote feature is great when I'm too lazy to reach the remote or want to get straight to playing WiiU.

6. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    I actually had one of those, but it was the second model. A friend got one from his grandmother, who won it at a raffle or something, and he hated it so much that he traded it to me for a couple of Genesis games. It was okay compared to the GG, but the only game I ever had for it was Electrocop.
    Slimeworld and Red Baron for Lynx were pretty awesome. Hey what thread is this again?
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

Quote Originally Posted by Shin Johnpv View Post
    Ok Yoshi you continue to believe they're making a hybrid system.
    Development kits have "mobile unit that could either be used in conjunction with the console or taken on the road for separate use."

This is going to be the best Nintendo hardware in three generations. You should be excited to be wrong.

8. No I really shouldn't. If it's a true hybrid that can be played at home or on the go then its hardware isn't going to come close to competing with the competition and they're back to square 1 with 3rd parties not supporting them do to the hardware not being powerful enough. If it's not a true hybrid system, then its going to be 2 systems sold together. Which means its going to be expensive as fuck, which the PS3 and other examples in the past have shown us hurts hardware sales. IMHO if it is for example a 3DS2, and a Super Wii U sold together, then its not really a hybrid system.

I really don't get how some one who has BITCHED for years about Nintendo not having powerful enough hardware is so excited/wants them to make a hybrid system. You're basically asking for their next generations hardware to be just above a Vita. If its not a Hybrid system it takes the Wii U concept, throws out the Wii U gamepad and makes the 3DS the default controller. Now when you buy the system your paying for a console and a handheld and it becomes a lot harder to offer that at a competitive price.

I just don't see how any of this is a Win Win for Nintendo and going to get them more sales than the Wii U had next generation.

If I was wrong then I was wrong, but it doesn't excite me. Both paths seem like they lead to worse sales and even less 3rd party support.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

9. My thinking is that the NX is basically Nintendo's gaming equivalent of Apple's iOS, with the home console ("NX Home") and the handheld ("NX Pocket/NX Go") analogous to the iPad and the iPhone. Sister machines, or brother machines as Iwata once referred to them, that bear the fruit of Nintendo's much-needed consolidated development efforts and can serve both the East and the West.

I'm sure they'll be able to link up somehow, considering Nintendo found ways to do that in the previous three generations: GBA-Gamecube, DS-Wii, 3DS-Wii U. Probably with the handheld being able to serve as an additional controller for the home console, as in Super Smash Bros. 4.

Hopefully the note about the power of the tech is true with the final product. I haven't bought a PS4 for myself yet, haven't been compelled enough, and at this point will probably just wait until next year to see how NX unfolds. Dragon Quest XI being (prematurely) announced is great, and hopefully other Japanese developers follow suit in their efforts to sell as many copies of their games as they can in the current market.

10. Quote Originally Posted by shin johnpv
    Now when you buy the system your paying for a console and a handheld and it becomes a lot harder to offer that at a competitive price.
    You know you're probably right. I think it's almost going to be a carbon copy of PS3 and PSVita relationship.

They can both play the same smaller scale independent games.

They will have separate AAA titles unless they just program for the lowest common denominator.

And the portable can be used as a controller/second screen.
    Quick zephyrs blow, vexing daft Jim.