Page 116 of 223 FirstFirst ... 102112114115116117118120130 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 2224

Thread: Nintendo Switch / Nintendo Switch Lite (Official Thread)

1. Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    That's how I view it- a home console that I don't have to hook up to a tv. Sounds just about perfect for how I'd want to play that kind of game with my current setup, honestly.
    So it's the modern day Game Gear? Nomad?

2. Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    That's how I view it- a home console that I don't have to hook up to a tv. Sounds just about perfect for how I'd want to play that kind of game with my current setup, honestly.
    They already made one of those. It's called the Wii U.

3. Ugh, Game Gear. The Game Gear was severely busted by a screen unsuitable for the job. Moving left to right made for a nasty smear of colors, so I played with one a handful of times and never thought about it again. Nomad was a nice idea hampered by coming at the end of the Genesis' life, and seeing as I've never played one I've got no idea what the screen was like. It was much closer to the Switch, though, so a better analogy. At the time, though, I wasn't married and couldn't place high value on lounging on the couch wearing headphones while my wife watches something on tv. It's very different today, and much nicer too.

4. That Power Rangers GG game was amazing and I didn't even like the show. Lion King was kind of unplayable, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

5. Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Ugh, Game Gear. The Game Gear was severely busted by a screen unsuitable for the job. Moving left to right made for a nasty smear of colors, so I played with one a handful of times and never thought about it again. Nomad was a nice idea hampered by coming at the end of the Genesis' life, and seeing as I've never played one I've got no idea what the screen was like. It was much closer to the Switch, though, so a better analogy. At the time, though, I wasn't married and couldn't place high value on lounging on the couch wearing headphones while my wife watches something on tv. It's very different today, and much nicer too.
    I had one very briefly. I think the screen was pretty good for the time. Of course nowadays I think you can get one with a much better one installed.

6. I had one and played the heck out of it.
    Complaining about its smeary screen when its main competition was the Game Brick is kinda ludicrous. Neither handled fast motion well, but neither was unplayable.

7. I still have my Nomad. It's still a pretty cool little device. I'd like to try out the SNES portable Super Boy.

8. The only problem there is you're stuck playing SNES games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

9. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    Third party support is still very weak, and I don't think it's unfair to judge this as a home console instead of a portable when that's exactly how it's being marketed. 3DS is still the portable platform for the foreseeable future, if Reggie is to be believed.
    It looks like a portable, it quacks like a portable.
    People don't remember launches very well. All I'm seeing is "WUH THERE'S NOTHING HERE PS4 AND EVEN WII U HAD 20 GAMES AT LAUNCH"
    I remember two from Wii U and a few year-old ports, and there was Knack, shootyman, and I guess 18 or so other forgettable titles.

Wii U launch was the worst.