Page 120 of 223 FirstFirst ... 106116118119120121122124134 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 2224

Thread: Nintendo Switch / Nintendo Switch Lite (Official Thread)

1. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    .25 Cent Game Reviews

"Street Fighter 2: basically impossible why would you play this."
    "Pinball: i got to use the flippers three times before i lost, this is terrible"
    "Virtual On 2: I only used the left stick and couldn't figure out what the right one was for. 0/10."
    "Street Fighter: The Movie: Graphics are so much better, this game is awesome!"

2. TNL showing its true nature.

So this punching game will probably be great based on who thinks it looks good/ doesn't look good

3. I'll get Zorba on Wii U, and a Switch when New Donk City comes out.
    Arms looks neat, but not $60 neat. Bombmermang is like $30 cool, and... yeah.

Maybe my opinion will change when I play with the jam in feb.

4. Quote Originally Posted by ElCapichan View Post
    Virtual On seriously looks like garbage. But I'm glad some here enjoy it. I'll stick with my sports games and shootmans thank you.

This might be partial good times past talking but the thing about VO that stood out wasn't just the good graphics at the time but the sit down arcade cab was a total amount of fun. The "Twin Sticks" were well designed and made the control of your mechs smooth and flawless. The game play at the time and even now is very deep with a lot of solid play mechanics for a 3D fighter.

Part of that imo is lost in the home console version. It was a game which I think you would have enjoyed in a more arcade setting instead of at home on your television.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

5. Sad times when youth trashes classic Sega arcade games.

People talking shit about VO? Man. Well, I guess it is nice you people can come out of the closet.

7. Last gen ruined everyone's taste in vidya games

8. Two people (one whose taste has always been questionable- especially when it comes to wearable condiments) says the game doesn't look good and y'all act like everyone said it. They're clearly in the minority here with that opinion.
    Now if you'll excuse me, I've got a Virtual On cabinet sitting here...

9. Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    This might be partial good times past talking but the thing about VO that stood out wasn't just the good graphics at the time but the sit down arcade cab was a total amount of fun. The "Twin Sticks" were well designed and made the control of your mechs smooth and flawless. The game play at the time and even now is very deep with a lot of solid play mechanics for a 3D fighter.

Part of that imo is lost in the home console version. It was a game which I think you would have enjoyed in a more arcade setting instead of at home on your television.
    Strange thing is, I enjoyed it immensely on Dreamcast. I learned all about how jump cancelling would re-center you on your target, how certain moves would home in, etc. and did as best as I could with a stock controller. Went looking for a Twin Stick but never got one, and still had a lot of fun.

Seeing that ARMS has that kind of feel has me interested. It may not be 1:1 to VO but it doesn't need to be. The pace looks arcadey, the controls look like a simple-to-get-hard-to-master deal, and there's enough variety in attacks/abilities.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.