Page 103 of 223 FirstFirst ... 8999101102103104105107117 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 2224

Thread: Nintendo Switch / Nintendo Switch Lite (Official Thread)

1. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    I think what they showed was a good reveal. But launch is two months away and I get the feeling that they just don't have much more than what they already showed. This thing is going to have no games for a while. Maybe by fall.
    This.
    Why does it have to launch in March? Why not hold out and release in Fall with more games?

2. Quote Originally Posted by Chux View Post
    They're doing it in an obtuse way. Nobody complained about the Vita and the PS4 and Sony had crossbuy set up and everybody was happy.
    Except anybody that bought a Vita and got nothing but ports of b-tier games from other systems.

I think this system plays nicely to Nintendo's strengths. It lets them make real games but still cater to the handheld market. I think it's a smart system that will do better than Wii U, I just don't think it's going to be there day one.

3. If that new Street Fighter game is real, then I'll be at least a little interested.
    That Mario game looks weird, like that Sonic game where he's running around in normal looking environments.

4. Well, at least Will Smith is hyped.

5. Fuck the haters, I think Go Go Gadget Punch-Out!! looks awesome. Depending just how deep the fighting turns out to be and how feature-rich the game is, it could easily be worth the price of admission. That quick draw game on the other hand, I have no idea how they justify not making it a free pack-in.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

6. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    If that new Street Fighter game is real, then I'll be at least a little interested.
    don't be it's just HDR with fucking evil ryu and violent ken

http://www.capcom-unity.com/harrison...intendo-switch

and knowing todays capcom it'll probably be $60 when it comes out

7. I liked that the games looked like games. Of course it was to disguise its lack of power, but I'll take lots of color and stylization over photo real brownscale any day.
    I can understand the financial reasoning behind poaching Zelda to be a launch tite, but I think they'd be better served by waiting to launch until they could put Mario out with it as a day one game, and then release a Zelda Tricked Out Edition the following year. From looking here and other forums, it doesnt look like any wii u owners are going to spring for the switch right away. Maybe Nintendo believes they'll get enough new people on board that it wont matter, but shitting on the few people that supported your last hardware doesnt seem too smart. I dont think it helped Sega much in the transition from Saturn to Dreamcast.

8. Nintendo had two sales pitches they could make here; "This is a giant leap in our portable technology that you can also play at home as a console," or "This is a home console that's barely an upgrade from our last one, and I guess you can use it as a portable, too, whatever."

That they're going with the latter framing is incomprehensible. Handhelds are Nintendo's biggest sellers, push it as the big hardware upgrade for the market you're strong in, not an underwhelming successor for the market you've been tanking.

The whole thing was just a shitshow structurally:
    -A low-fi Japanese conference for a company that sells most of their units internationally, delivered at the literal 11th hour to those markets and conveyed through translators that were unemotional and/or grossly incompetent at translation.
    -Starting a conference where people wanted to see the software lineup with a bunch of boring reiteration about hardware that was already mostly evident.
    -Leading the software reveals with underwhelming, overlong tech demos for motion controls that betray the console's function as a portable, before getting to the good stuff, which was mostly sped through.
    -Oh and nothing comes with the system and those tech demos will be grossly overpriced, sold-seperately launch games. Hooray?
    -Starting with and lingering on the Sonic Adventure-ish "real world" location in the new Mario. The other locations they cut through looked amazing, that one was just super off-putting.
    -For a system that the company's been buzzing about for a long time now, there was an awful lot of announcements that seemed like people were just starting their work on it.
    -Nagoshi taking the stage to basically tell everyone "Hi, I'm Nagoshi from Sega. Okay, bye."
    -I kind of appreciate the old standbys stepping aside for some new faces to take the stage, but only Koizumi had any real stage presence. Splatoon guy tried, at least.
    -Leading people on about Zelda not being a launch game and then stuffing that announcement right at the very end. Would have been a better spot for a stinger for a game that's not a known quantity and is a bit further out.

Quote Originally Posted by Hero View Post
    They're listening to every one of you who bitched about Nintendo selling two systems with different lineups, and what a robbery it was.
    Aside from a grump or two who thought the handheld market should just cease to exist because they don't personally like the format, I don't think I've ever seen this sentiment here. Consolidation of the two software lineups into one unified software slate is ideal, but up to this point it wasn't really logistically realistic for the two to converge completely.
    Last edited by Bacon McShig; 13 Jan 2017 at 10:50 AM.

9. 1 2 switch is the launch title everybody was waiting for

10. Good thing Zelda looks like the best game ever.

I'll be getting one.