Page 125 of 223 FirstFirst ... 111121123124125126127129139 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 2224

Thread: Nintendo Switch / Nintendo Switch Lite (Official Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    No love for war song and dragon force? Seeing the little dudes run is fun.
    Never tried them, I'll have to look into it when I get the itch.

2. Never played Dragon Force?! For shame Gohan...

3. I never got into FE. I do have Awakening and should give it another go.

4. FE is the greatest system reset simulator there is.

Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    Never tried them, I'll have to look into it when I get the itch.
    Warsong had a couple of good sega gen tracks

6. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post

I need to get around to playing Langrisser/Warsong and Langrisser II. Thanks to the Mega Everdrive, I can play Langrisser with the original names and graphics restored, as well as an English translation of II. I also have the JP Langrisser II on cart. Definitely agree on the music. II also has awesome music.
    Last edited by Brianvgplayer; 19 Jan 2017 at 11:23 PM.

7. Switch thoughts.

It rectifies the Wii U's biggest dumb move, which is that only one person got to use the special controller (even if it was a bit shite).

The hardware actually looks appealing, though I'm not convinced it will actually be comfortable to use. The shoulder buttons certainly don't look as comfy to use as something like the Xbox One's. Still, I appreciate that it has dual analog. The range of different configurations is interesting, but it kind of sucks that if you want to play a 2-player game, you both kind of get shafted with a tiny little controller. Unless, of course, you can continue to use Gamecube controllers? If that's the case I really hope there's an official multi-tap because hunting one down for the Wii U was annoying just to play Smash Bros.

I can get behind the concept of docking for your TV and pulling away easily for mobile. The Wii U's concept was kind of dumb because you had to basically be in the same room as the console anyway, so the only real use case was if someone else in the house was using the TV for something else. But that screen is garbage.

Basically I think Nintendo sees people using phones and tablets to play games all the time, but they aren't well-suited for traditional style games because the only input is the screen. Nobody carries around mini controllers. Well, why not make the controllers detachable pieces so that not one but two people can play games like that? It's actually a nice idea, although I think they're selling it too much as a super duper transformer — should you leave it docked at home, or always keep it in your bag? I almost feel like they need to be de-emphasizing the home docking if they are really trying to break into the mobile market. (It's smart of them to finally use a standard like USB-C for charging it).

Additionally, they really need a user interface and storefront that doesn't suck, and ideally one that could just download all your previous Wii and Wii U downloads. For christ's sake, just copy Steam. I spent a frickin' afternoon trying to copy my games from my Wii to my Wii U and I STILL couldn't get it to work.

Game-wise, I doubt I have much to say that hasn't been said before except... I'm not really sure if I'm all that excited for Zelda? Maybe I'm just keeping my expectations low in the hope that they'll be blown away? There is hope.

Mario is a complete toss-up at this point, ARMS looks interesting but I don't see it holding my attention (that is great if there is a traditional control mode!), I might actually check out Splatoon 2 since I didn't spend much time with the first, but golly you could show me both side by side and I wouldn't be able to tell you the difference right now. I hope we get a Mario Maker 2 that's fully compatible with everything from the original.

Here's the thing. I think we bought MAYBE 4 games for the Wii U. In the end, I'll probably only remember it for Mario Maker and playing Smash Bros in HD. I would love to see Nintendo be more ambitious and bold with the franchises they continue to milk, and introduce a lot more new IPs. More than just ARMS, please. It's a start though!

8. we'll see

9. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post

Warsong's music was composed by Noriyuki Iwadare, the same man who scored the Lunar games, Grandia, and Rogue Galaxy.

10. Hey Melf, did any genesis game ever have a realistic development schedule? Seems like every game you wrote about is "it's Christmas in 4 months, make this game in 3!"